Used Cartridge Filter Pics?

I don't remember seeing posts of cartridge filters on this forum. Is that because they're less likely to look a lot different than when installed? I never thought much about this style filter until I bought a Buick Encore recently.

Mahle filter after 10K miles in my 530i. Nothing particularly exciting...

37309216604_39d96cd063_o.jpg

Here are two posts of mine from my Caravan. There are many posts, but the subject lines won't clearly indicate which ones are cartridge style.

I don't remember seeing posts of cartridge filters on this forum. Is that because they're less likely to look a lot different than when installed? ...
Good question!
I could show you all three (with a 4th expected soon) cartridges that I've removed from the Prius, but they'd be very boring. Yes, they look exactly the same as when they were installed, except that they're slightly oily (although I wicked oil out more thoroughly than most filter photographers do), and contain a small number of black particles so tiny they wouldn't be visible in the photos.

Thanks guys. Maybe I just skipped them since I was intrigued with the various filter cutting methods. Open and post vs. The more interesting cut and post.

They're less interesting to post because they're much simpler, with fewer parts to go wrong (aside from things that might go wrong with the associated housing and cap).

I have posted a few:

As said, I think not as many get posted because anyone that changes the cartridge can inspect it vs a canaster that has to be cut open.
Seems it is very rare you find issues with a cartridge filter (engines like the 2.2 ecotech tend to be deformed/twisted, as one of the posts above shows, and there were issues with the Fram Ultra in some BMW's early on), so they just don't get posted.

Back