Used car on carvana

Hey everyone so as you know I had bought a Cruze. It was very clean but about a week after having it the transmission become very rough to shift. I tried changing the fluid and bleeding the clutch. Nothing seemed to help. I called the dealer and raised a fuss. I then called the BBB. The dealership ultimately agreed to take the car back and give me my money back. I am now in the process of buying a 2016 Elantra gt on carvana. So far so well. They deliver it on Friday. It's kind of exciting. Has anyone else bought from carvana? Would love to hear others experiences with carvana as well as opinions on the Elantra GT.

Last edited:
Is your Elantra GT manual? :unsure:

If the previous owner didn't already do it, you can add Android Auto to the factory radio via an update you can download from Hyundai's site.

Hey Wheelman,
First Jetta,
Then Cruze,
Now Elantra.
Looks like you just can’t win.
(No offense).
I don't really follow your point as far as cars go but it has definitely been a stupid experience. Hopefully carvana comes through.

Boy, you sure can pick reliable cars... 🤣Dart, Cruze and now a Hyundai... and a glutton for getting screwed buying cars...
Dart was a decent car......my aunt has owned a Hyundai since the 90s they have came a long way. Her 2000 Elantra made it 200,000 and was still going fine when she traded it in for her Elantra touring which has also been pretty reliable. I have to just assume you do not know what your talking about. 🤷

I'd be pricing a new engine on that Hyundai...
Why? I know some of the 1.6 had issues but I've never actually seen one in real life. I've only heard about it online. I have uncle who has a 16 forte it's been bulletproof and he is stupid hard on cars and doesn't maintain it at all.

Dart was a decent car......my aunt has owned a Hyundai since the 90s they have came a long way. Her 2000 Elantra made it 200,000 and was still going fine when she traded it in for her Elantra touring which has also been pretty reliable. I have to just assume you do not know what your talking about. 🤷
Wheelman, Drive what YOU want! After all you are paying the bills; acquisition price, insurance, repairs etc. I agree with you about the Dart. It has been a great experience for me for the money that I have invested in it. Good Luck on your latest acquisition.

You obviously don't know much about cars by purchasing a used Hyundai. And your spelling needs work too.
So instead of attacking and berating me why not share your information? I don't understand why some people think it's acceptable to treat others like crap. I haven't claimed to know everything. So please either share your insight in a respectable manner or go be rude somewhere else.

PimTac, I hope this one works out well for you.
My aunt drove one for over 200k miles; my former XO's wife drove one to 225k miles before she traded it in.
They both only needed oil changes, air filters, spark plugs, brakes, and tires. Normal stuff on reliable cars.

Good luck with your Elantra GT. You've been through a lot, including some of the harsh comments on here.
I appreciate it. Hopefully it shows up on the carvana truck as advertised and I can have it for many years! That's the goal. Usually car shopping isn't this crazy. This time has been an experience for sure.

Back