Used 2009 GMC Sierra first oil change...questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, What fact? That's the problem, no facts at all, just here say and rumors, and good old country bashing.
Overk1ll told me after the first post I made here the M1 bashers would be all over me if favorable comments were made about M1 oils, and his warning has come to pass for me and others that post good results from M1.
Also personal comments like you post so often(like drinkers, infering kool aid drinkers, AKA Jim Jones followers) give the green lite to make personal comments on this forum.
You are talking to a poster that never, and I repeat never bash another oil or their company, so if any appologies are due, it's coming from you.
So bottom line is, if my support of M1 bugs you, get used to it.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Bill, What fact? That's the problem, no facts at all, just here say and rumors, and good old country bashing.
Overk1ll told me after the first post I made here the M1 bashers would be all over me if favorable comments were made about M1 oils, and his warning has come to pass for me and others that post good results from M1.
Also personal comments like you post so often(like drinkers, infering kool aid drinkers, AKA Jim Jones followers) give the green lite to make personal comments on this forum.
You are talking to a poster that never, and I repeat never bash another oil or their company, so if any appologies are due, it's coming from you.
So bottom line is, if my support of M1 bugs you, get used to it.

Since this is off topic about "get used to it" Read your PM.

I have run PP in mine 09 silverado 5.3l and was pretty happy with it. Well, I just upgraded to the Silverado 6.2l. I think I'm going to try PU when the truck has 1000 miles on it. Prob going to go with Napagold or P1 filter.

Originally Posted By: irv
Originally Posted By: irv
I also have an 09 Sierra and asked this same question some time ago.
I was a die hard Mobil-1 fan and used it for years and planned to continue until I received some replies to my questions, read quite a few UOA's etc.

Long story short, I am now using PYB(Penzoil yellow bottle)for the intial break-in then plan on switching to Penzoil Platinum when it is broken in.

Not saying Mobil-1 isn't good oil but from what I have learned, it simply is not worth the money!
There are many decent oils out there that compare or fair quite a bit better than Mobil, but for a lot less money.(even dino oils)

I am running Wix filters, which from what I gather are a great filter, maybe not as good as a Pure one but very close.

It's amazimg how a simple question like 09sierra ask can turn into a M1 bash.

How is what I said a bash??
Maybe re-read it and not be so quick scouring bitog looking for anything that resembles, in your opinion, anything that "you" think is a bash?

A simple question was ask about PP and M1 and various oil filters and you're off to the races with several points of critizem for M1 all based on what others tell you(many M1 bashers here on BITOG have angendas) and UOAs, which some think a few PPM of anything more or less will lead to premature engine failure. You even mentioned you used M1 for some time(you must have had good success with it) untill the bashers and uninformed convinced you differantly.

Off to the races?
crackmeup2.gif

I think my original assesment of you is crystal clear, you surf bitog looking for anything that remotely resembles a bash to you and then attack the OP,,,,, and I am the one who is off to the races???
What don't you get about this statement? "Not saying Mobil-1 isn't good oil but from what I have learned, it simply is not worth the money!"

I never talked the quality down, never said it was shi**y oil, never mentioned it was no good, never mentioned "you should not run it" never mentioned to stay away from it, all I said was it was expensive for what you get!

Up here in Canada a 4.4/5ltr jug of 5W-30 synthetic is $53.00 dollars,(non green cap, non HM, just regular 5W-30) why would I pay that when I can get Pennzoil or any other quality brand oil that does the same things as Mobil and may be in fact a better oil for less than half that?
Like I said, which you refused to read, Mobil is a good oil, it simply isn't worth the price to "ME".
But hey, if you want to reimburse me the difference everytime I use it then I will continue to run it if it makes you feel better?

I wasn't going to tell you this but I don't want to upset you further?
I am currently running Mobil-1 0W-40(European formula)in my Yamaha 4 stroke sled and continue to do so.
I am also using and running Mobil synthetic gear oil in my diffs on my car and truck and will also continue to do so so you see I am not a Mobil Hater/Basher, just a somewhat wise consumer who likes to get what he pays for.
Have a great day and oh yea, if you decide to take me up on my reinbursing suggestion let me know and I will PM you my mailing address or paypal account info
cheers3.gif

(Just in case you don't believe me? http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1868692#Post1868692 )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back