Use of Techron all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that when I drive my car shakes usually around the 30 to 40 MPH range and once I pass 70 MPH. It happens all the time. Now when I use Techron in my gas tank the car runs as close to new as possible. Its like magic. I've read on here alot of people use it every 3000 miles or before oil changes.

Has anyone been using this on every fill up? Can it be used on every fill up? Every other fill up? I've read about people using 3 oz. of Redline on every fill up. Wonder if I could just use 3 OZ of Techron on every fill up? Should I just go with the Redline?

thanks!

Maybe try just using Chevron gasoline for a few hundred miles and see if shakes at 30-40 and over 70 mph disappear...the Chevron gas has Techron right in it.

Originally Posted By: Oldasco
Maybe try just using Chevron gasoline for a few hundred miles and see if shakes at 30-40 and over 70 mph disappear...the Chevron gas has Techron right in it.

He stole my answer.

What gas were you using before? Sticking to Top Tier gas will help you stay cleaner and save money. If you need a big dose on a regular basis, you are probably buying at the wrong places.

I like the idea but Chevron gas isn't available everywhere. Here we have zero stations locally.

Hmm. I thought it was only in the premium gas like Shell's V-Power. But according to Chevron's site:

Q. I was told that Chevron has the Techron additive in all grades of gasoline? Is this true? I thought it was only in the Supreme grades.
A. It's true. All grades of Chevron gasoline contain a highly effective amount of Techron, so no matter which grade your car takes, it's getting the quality and unsurpassed cleaning power of Chevron with Techron.

I think there may only be one Chevron station around here and it's kind of far out of my way usually. I guess I'll stick to Shell (regular) for now since it's on my way to and from home.

I always try to use "Top Tier" gas because Hyundai recommends using it in my new Sonata with direct injection. There are Shell, Chevron, and Mobil gas stations in my stomping grounds and they charge the same as Hess and RaceTrac for gas, so I usually get the Top Tier gas for my car.

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

Last edited:
I usually use Shell and mostly I have been using Chevron actually since I just got their gas card. I did use one full tank of 93 grade gas with Techron but it did not run as it runs with the Techron from the bottle. I assume the amount of "Techron" the premium gas has it not as much as the bottle provides. Normally I usually just use 87 gas since that's what the dealer told me to use when i got the car.

I think I will try the premium gas a couple more times and see what that does. If I don't see an improvement I will try Redline at 3 OZ. per tank full.

Question if Chevron gas has Techron and its safe to use every fill up why couldn't I use Techron (in the bottle) every time I fill up? Is it that the Chevron premium have just enough Techron to legally call it with Techron.

Maybe your Honda would run better with 87 octane regular gas it's supposed to use instead of premium you've been using?

Maybe your Honda would run better with 87 octane regular gas it's supposed to use instead of premium you've been using?

True.

Absolutely NO reason to use premium in that engine. Wasting money.

Your car isn't shaking because it has bad front tires, needs an alignment, something loose in front-end, or maybe a stuck brake caliper, etc.? Is steering wheel shaking in your hands? Maybe it's not the fuel causing shaking at certain speeds?

I think Techron is a great product. I use it in all my family's cars. But it's not meant for constant use. The active ingredient is some nasty, nasty stuff. That's why many users dose their cars shortly before an oil change. Chevron gas has the right amount of Techron for everyday use. All top-tier gasolines have a sufficient amount of similar detergents. Maybe what the OP is feeling is the placebo effect or a coincidence of other conditions affecting his vibration.

Originally Posted By: Trav

I like the idea but Chevron gas isn't available everywhere. Here we have zero stations locally.

I believe Texaco also contains Techron, if that's available.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

True.

Absolutely NO reason to use premium in that engine. Wasting money.

all I use is 87 gas. Only used 93 once to see if it gave me the same performance as it does when I use Techron but no cigar.

Your car isn't shaking because it has bad front tires, needs an alignment, something loose in front-end, or maybe a stuck brake caliper, etc.? Is steering wheel shaking in your hands? Maybe it's not the fuel causing shaking at certain speeds?

I just got new tires and they aligned the car when I got the tires. Steering wheel does not shake in my hands just the actual car. Brakes were recently done as well at the dealer and I wasn't told anything about the caliper. I don't know much about cars but I do try to do the process of elimination. I assume if it was the breaks, caliper, wheels, etc wouldn't I have the same problem with Techron as Techron in my tank wouldn't affect any of those things? Not trying to be a smart arse so if I come across like that I apologize, just trying to pin point the issue...

About Techron not meant for everyday use that's what I've been reading on here. Guess I'm going to have to give Redline a try..

The maintenance dose for Redline S1 is 1.5 oz per 10 gallons of gas. I've also done this with Techron as well with the same dose.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: Trav

I believe Texaco also contains Techron, if that's available.

No Texaco here either. Mobil, Shell, Gulf, Sunoco and a few no names. Now the Hess stations are going also.

Originally Posted By: Lakersguy
The maintenance dose for Redline S1 is 1.5 oz per 10 gallons of gas. I've also done this with Techron as well with the same dose.

This is a good method if you can't buy Chevron or Texaco gasoline.

From the Techron site:

What is the difference between Techron® at the pump and Techron Concentrate Plus in the bottle?

The principal difference is additive concentration and rate of deposit clean-up. Gasolines with Techron over multiple fill-ups will help clean deposits on intake valves and minimize harmful combustion chambers deposits. When added to a full tank of gasoline, a bottle of Techron® Concentrate Plus results in an additive concentration roughly 10 times stronger. This mega-dose of Techron provides a much quicker clean up of intake valve deposits left by lower quality gasolines. In addition, the high concentration of Techron reduces combustion chamber deposits, which can help eliminate deposit-related engine knock.

http://www.techron.com/what-is-techron/questions-answers.aspx#

I picked two 20z bottles of the concentrate at Advance yesterday (BOGO) for $14 with tax. Now if I can just remember to put it in before I fuel up. I may get a $1 baby bottle with a lid like I used for measuring 2 cycle oil some years back. They have lines for measuring on them so it's handy. With the lid, it wont make a mess if it trips over and doesn't have to be cleaned/dried after each use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back