Use of TCw3

So I have a quart of Pennzoil TCw3 that I picked up on a garage sale a few years ago. At the time, I just saw 2 cycle oil and cheap price, and didn't know that it is for water cooled engines. Well I have an old Echo string trimmer, and a new Stihl leaf blower, and am wondering if I could use it up in these machines. I know some say don't do it and others say they have used it for years and no problems. I am running a 40/1 mix in both. I actually forgot what the Echo called for, but the Still called for 50/1.

Is your goal to get rid of the oil, or have an 'already paid for' oil for your equipment.

Personally, i would use it up in my car's gas tank slowly and use the FC/FD stuff for the air cooled equipment. JMO.

Is your goal to get rid of the oil, or have an 'already paid for' oil for your equipment.

Personally, i would use it up in my car's gas tank slowly and use the FC/FD stuff for the air cooled equipment. JMO.
Actually both. I am out of the regular oil and will need to buy more for this summer. No big hurry of course, just wishful think that summer is coming.

I use tcw3 in my winter storage fuel with stabil.
1 oz in 5 gallons. (640:1)

Keeps the floats and needle seat from sticking over winter.

I would use it. TC-W3 is low ash used also in Toro snowblowers because of the colder running temperatures of snowblowers. It's 2 cycle oil.

Bunch of people will tell you not to use it because it's for water cooled engines. I've used it since the begging of my two stroke days as a homeowner and never had an issue. I use my tools once/twice a week and if you are homeowner kind of use you'll be okay. I'm sure it'll be different if it's professional every day use.

I bought regular lawn equipment 2-cycle oil with the measuring thingy built into the bottle. It was only a few dollars.
I use the TCW-3 @ 1oz per 5 gallons along with stabil for all my OPE year round and also to winterize my motorcycles.

Back