Use of Fuel Supply Hose (1/4" ID) in Cooling System Service

I have a vehicle where a system associated with the PCV valve is heated (heat-traced?) by a slipstream of coolant taken from the upstream heater core nozzle, and returned to the downstream heater core nozzle. The hose size is 1/4". I went to an industrial hose supplier, telling them that Gates makes 1/4" sized heater hose; they said they don't have that product. I said, what else is rated for say 240°F, 20psi, water-ethylene glycol mix. They sold me fuel hose.

Attached graphics, 2.

What do folks think of this swap?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-205430.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-205430.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210415-205509.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-205509.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 11
The pressure and temperature of the coolant should be able to be handled by a fuel line. I see no chemical issues with a fuel hose carrying coolant while a coolant hose may degrade carrying fuel. Personally, I think you will be OK with this.

I have heard of cooling the EGR gas but this is the first I have heard of modifying the temperature of the PCV gas.

What make, model, engine, and year of vehicle does that?

Cdn17Sport6MT

I have heard of cooling the EGR gas but this is the first I have heard of modifying the temperature of the PCV gas.

What make, model, engine, and year of vehicle does that?
1994 Mercury Topaz, 2.3 L4, 5 MT.

I am reassembling it, dealing with the abuse of improperly storing it, and the top half of the intake manifold has yet to go on - but if memory serves the PCV valve outlet from the valve cover ties directly in to the upper section of the intake manifold. There is a small heat exchanger that the PCV flow flows thru right at the point of manifold tie in. Said exchanger fed with hot coolant, with cooler coolant leaving.

This is a Cdn car; they may have suffererd PCV freeze-up at some point along the car's design trajectory?