Use Mystic JT-4 Ultra High Performance 2 cyl oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to be JASO FD rated for air cooled 2 cycles. I believe it's the best rating. Also where to buy iit?

Or recomendations for other JASO FD oils?

JASO FD is the same rating as ISO-L-EGD.

so far I can only find Castrol Activo 2T or Esso 2-cycle semi-syn mix that are JASO FC rated. I know FD is supposedly the latest spec and superior than FC, but I could never find them locally.

So, good luck on your endeavour.

Q.

Originally Posted By: callbay
It's supposed to be JASO FD rated for air cooled 2 cycles. I believe it's the best rating. Also where to buy iit?

Or recomendations for other JASO FD oils?

JASO FD is the same rating as ISO-L-EGD.

Callbay- here you go, I use it and it lives up to their claims, keeps everything clean, and well protected. I wrote them to reassure me on the dual purpose rating, and they do assure that it meets all warranties known for 2 stroke engines.

https://www.mystiklubricants.com/do/product/SMALL_ENGINE/663096002

I ordered some as well, but haven't got to using it. It was easy as pie on the website. I think it only comes in the gallons, so I hope you have a lot of gas to burn with it.

The only other oil I have seen that meets BOTH JASO FD/ISO-EGD and TCW3 is Klotz TechniPlate TCW3. The Mystic is WAY cheaper to buy.
I think they need some serious lab work to make an ashless oil that meets JASO FD and ISO-EGD, probably ends up with some exotic stuff in the bottle.

Post an update if you get round to using it, what application is it for?

Originally Posted By: Quest
so far I can only find Castrol Activo 2T or Esso 2-cycle semi-syn mix that are JASO FC rated. I know FD is supposedly the latest spec and superior than FC, but I could never find them locally.

So, good luck on your endeavour.

Q.

Really? I'm surprised.

Home Depot has ECHO oil, Lowes has Husqvarna oil, if there is a chainsaw or OPE dealer nearby, most of the house blends are JASO FD or ISO-EGD (Shindaiwa Red Armor, Jonsered, Redmax, etc). Stihl HP Ultra oil, amazingly, is NOT JASO FD rated. Not sure why. Their HP Super oil is.

The other place to look is a BRP or Arctic Cat dealer, some of the sled oils might have this rating as well.

I bought a gallon of this Mystic oil from the companies website. Just from what I can tell so far it is excellent. My Stihl backpack blower started on the second pull and it had always taken five pulls on other oils. This is after I had used a tankful. It seems to run smoother. My son says his Stihl chinsaw ran smoother and higher rpm. I was already running synthetric oil in it before the new oil. Poulin oil and later Pensoil full syntheic.

The SD rated 2 cycle oils are supposed to clean out the deposits left by other oils.

I wish I could find this locally. I used-to be able to buy Citgo Sea and Snow for ~$16/gallon, but now that I amout I've found that there is no way to purchase FD rated oil locally without spending a fortune. Luckily a friend is going to Effingham, IL over thanksgiving and will bring me a back a gallon from Rural King for $19.99.

Originally Posted By: grcmptrnrd
I wish I could find this locally. I used-to be able to buy Citgo Sea and Snow for ~$16/gallon, but now that I amout I've found that there is no way to purchase FD rated oil locally without spending a fortune. Luckily a friend is going to Effingham, IL over thanksgiving and will bring me a back a gallon from Rural King for $19.99.

Are you looking for Sea & Snow or the original poster's Ultimate High Performance? The Mystik website is easy, and shipping was fast. You might want to just place an order with them when your supply starts running low.

I'd preferr Sea and Snow as it is actually JASO certified and appears on their list of approved oils. Having a hard time swallowing the shipping charges ordering it online. If my friend doesn't get it for me next week I will order some and have it shipped.

I'd preferr Sea and Snow as it is actually JASO certified and appears on their list of approved oils. Having a hard time swallowing the shipping charges ordering it online. If my friend doesn't get it for me next week I will order some and have it shipped.

Bummer, I placed a big order not that long ago of the lawn and garden (I like the quarts if I can get them) and could have tossed some Sea & Snow on the pile. I get to Dearborn a lot so we could have met up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, but it seems to only show up in Fleet Farm type places.

Originally Posted By: MichiganMadMan

Bummer, I placed a big order not that long ago of the lawn and garden (I like the quarts if I can get them) and could have tossed some Sea & Snow on the pile. I get to Dearborn a lot so we could have met up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, but it seems to only show up in Fleet Farm type places.

OK, here's what I've learned:

Citgo Sea & Snow is the SAME as Mystik Lawn & Garden, this is their most basic oil. JASO FD

Mystik PWC (2 stroke)is the same as Mystik Snowmobile, but it is a better oil than Mystik Lawn and Garden. No Citgo brand equivilant. JASO FD

Mystik Ultimate HP is their top of the line oil, better than any of the other Mystik 2 stoke oils. No Citgo brand equivilant. JASO FD and TCW3

Originally Posted By: occity79
Originally Posted By: MichiganMadMan

OK, here's what I've learned:

Citgo Sea & Snow is the SAME as Mystik Lawn & Garden, this is their most basic oil. JASO FD

Mystik PWC (2 stroke)is the same as Mystik Snowmobile, but it is a better oil than Mystik Lawn and Garden. No Citgo brand equivilant. JASO FD

Mystik Ultimate HP is their top of the line oil, better than any of the other Mystik 2 stoke oils. No Citgo brand equivilant. JASO FD and TCW3

Hope this helps!
http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV_LIST.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back