Use Dish Soap to Clean Inside of Windshield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: irv
I find the odor of Invisible Glass quite strong so I usually leave a door open. If I am not mistaken, it is also ammonia free, which, as far as I know, safe for aftermarket tinted windows?

+1, same here and have coughed because of inhaling the fumes. Sprayway does have a very mild fragrance but won't make you cough.

Try Home Depot if you have them up there.
smile.gif

We have them but they are far and few between. In order to serve everyone, one has to call and be placed on a waiting list, which usually take 4-6 weeks before you can get in. With our weather up here, it is hard to tell/plan that far ahead if we will need the dogsled team or the horse and wagon, however?
Usually what happens is, a bunch of us will get together with those that have snowmobiles and for a small fee, we will take those and some toboggans when the weather is real bad. This way it helps us to keep costs down as not everyone has all 3 things. Snowmobiles, dogsled team or a horse and wagon. The kids really enjoy these ventures as it gets them out of the igloo occasionally and they get to sit on the lumber or plywood to help hold it down on our way back home.
We have lost a few sheets and few kids over the years due to the blizzard like conditions, but when you finally get your call from Home Depot, it's a call you don't want to miss.
grin.gif

This might sound like goofy, but its the truth.

My wife uses 2 cloths and plain water to clean windows. And they are the cleanest streak freest I have ever seen windows.

She bought a few "window cloths" from Norwex. Norwex is like a mary kay whatever those things are when the women have they "selling parties".

She told me about it, and Im like yeah right. More stupid parties to part a fool and their money. But she bought some.
She used just plain water on one cloth to clean the windows, and the other to buff dry. Takes just a couple mins. I was literally amazed, and still am to be honest. Even on smoke filled or dash off-gassing windshields.

Im not trying to sell anything, and she's not even a seller of the stuff. Im just relaying on something that Ive found that works fantasic on windows. I am OCD with having clean car windows.

Similar to the above, I purchased a "Wolfstein Zap Cloth" from the Geek. It is like a heavy paper towel. Wet it, wring it good and wipe the glass. It dries in pristine condition without another wipe. Only minor drawback is it lints. A quick flat paper towel or microfiber wipe down and it is lint free perfect.

I find the odor of Invisible Glass quite strong so I usually leave a door open. If I am not mistaken, it is also ammonia free, which, as far as I know, safe for aftermarket tinted windows?

+1, same here and have coughed because of inhaling the fumes. Sprayway does have a very mild fragrance but won't make you cough.

smile.gif

We have them but they are far and few between. In order to serve everyone, one has to call and be placed on a waiting list, which usually take 4-6 weeks before you can get in. With our weather up here, it is hard to tell/plan that far ahead if we will need the dogsled team or the horse and wagon, however?
Usually what happens is, a bunch of us will get together with those that have snowmobiles and for a small fee, we will take those and some toboggans when the weather is real bad. This way it helps us to keep costs down as not everyone has all 3 things. Snowmobiles, dogsled team or a horse and wagon. The kids really enjoy these ventures as it gets them out of the igloo occasionally and they get to sit on the lumber or plywood to help hold it down on our way back home.
We have lost a few sheets and few kids over the years due to the blizzard like conditions, but when you finally get your call from Home Depot, it's a call you don't want to miss.
grin.gif

Wait a minute, if you live in an igloo, how do they drill through the ice to run the phone cable, or any other cables?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

smile.gif

grin.gif

Wait a minute, if you live in an igloo, how do they drill through the ice to run the phone cable, or any other cables?

We have come along ways since the old days, BOF, but we still have to run our lines/cables on top of the ice and snow. Usually after they are laid, more snow comes and buries them for good.
This is the community I currently live in; it is just across the border from Buffalo. We have evolved to these kinds of igloos now as our old ones would melt during our week long warm spell, which, of course, would leave everyone homeless, sadly.

These communities are really slick as supplies and the like can be brought in here making it easier for the dog sledders and snowmobiles delivering the supplies much easier. Power/phone lines are usually good nowadays but occasionally some moron will cut through some of the exposed cables with the carbides on their runners. Like big city problems, we also have these types who don't know how to drive or read too!
mad.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back