USAF grounding F-35 for ejector seat issue

So it's the explosive cartridges. Sounds similar to the Takata airbag recall.

So it's the explosive cartridges. Sounds similar to the Takata airbag recall.

Hi.
Royal Air Force just had a similar issue with ejector seats. I wonder if there is a link. https://news.sky.com/story/red-arro...th-ejector-seats-12657216?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Terrible accident back in 2011. A Red Arrows Pilot killed when the ejector seat operated when the aircraft was on the runway. He was killed as the parachute did not deploy.

roman-pearce-fast-and-furious2.gif

That's the problem thinking the U.S. and the U.K. has a common language again. I've seen a number of sources from over the pond call them ejector seats. No need to stand corrected.

That's the problem thinking the U.S. and the U.K. has a common language again. I've seen a number of sources from over the pond call them ejector seats. No need to stand corrected.
Hi.
There are indeed differences in US and UK words and spelling. Two nations divided by a common language and all that.

As Martin Baker is a British company and they themselves refer to them as 'Ejection Seats', i accept that i was incorrect. It is not an earth shattering mistake, but i do consider myself an aircraft enthusiast and should have known better. Hence my embarrassment.

Back