US Military Power - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked around our military people and when my son was in Boy Scouts we did military base visits for the week end. The enlisted people I have met and friends that were military ,,, I will humbly say are some of the best of the best. Any comments I make about the military are not because. of our enlisted. No Bs just fact.

I have worked around our military people and when my son was in Boy Scouts we did military base visits for the week end. The enlisted people I have met and friends that were military ,,, I will humbly say are some of the best of the best. Any comments I make about the military are not because. of our enlisted. No Bs just fact.

For sure. There is a big divide between the boots and the suits right now.

Job

There was no mistake about the equipment. Maybe stop slamming our military. It doesn't take a lot to understand why the equipment was left behind.

Well, you make solid points but he problem is, NVGs are considered sensitive items even as I speak b/c they represent a tactical advantage. I also agree, why would they need SAMS. I would hope to hades we'd have more sense than to leave this stuff for them. But I served long enough, and seen enough, to know that these people at the top are absolute morons.... so I tend to believe worst case. And they can prove me wrong... we'll see when some airliners get shot down, or NVGs proliferate the world based on our tech.
Those NVGs and Gas Masks I’ve seen left are outdated now with the newer ones coming out. Helicopters have been disabled. The vehicles that are able to operate more than likely have trackers in them.

As for Afghanistan, it didn’t have to be like this at all. that’s all I am gonna say on here. I’m an OEF vet and have tons of friends I’ve grown up with back home and ones I’ve served with who are as well. The VA here and back home is packed with mental health walk-ins. Vet Centers are also packed. Not sure about the VFW/DAV/Legions. I’m not a war monger at all, I just know and remember the faces I’ve seen, lived with, and spent almost a year of my life protecting they deserved a lot more than what’s happening.

I have mental and physical disabilities from my time over there. It’s things I’ll have to live with forever. There’s no forgetting Epilepsy, COPD, Anxiety, etc.

If you know an OEF vet please reach out. Just talk about life, change their oil, spend time with them. Don’t push them to say anything they don’t want to. It’s hard right now for a great deal of us. The Crisis Line has seen increased traffic over the past month or so.

almost everyone at group therapy yesterday pretty much had the same concern. “how am I gonna tell my kids (or future kids) that big strong daddy lost a war”

On a related note, I’m happy to say my interpreter and his wife and 8 year old twin daughters (I literally watched come into this world at a medical tent) made it out on one of the last flights. I was a wreck because I trusted this guy just like I trusted my fellow brothers. Other platoons interpreters didn’t make it in time. Who knows what they’re dealing with now.

Regarding our naval force, it is not widely known but the US Coast Guard has been deploying right along with the USN all over the world. The latest Coast Guard cutters help complement and reinforce patrols in the IndoChina theater as well as Oceania and the Middle East and Mediterranean.

We are not the only country doing this either.

M56959

Staff member
Going nowhere and any real discussion is being derailed by political commentary. Shame really

Status
Not open for further replies.