US JACK 6 ton jack stands.

I ordered these a while back, and they arrived about a week or so ago. They were on some sort of CV-19 related back-order I believe. At any rate they were worth the wait. They're not cheap, but a good investment for me. I'll use them for my van and two Jeeps, I wanted the extra strength and height they provide. I took HF up on their recall offer for a refund on the 6 ton stands I bought from them, [ mine were not part of the recall ]. I paid up for these and I'm glad I did. And they're US made.

usjd-41610.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stands!

I have some OTC US- made stands that Im happy with, they are also 3 ton. The only challenge with stands like this is that theyre almost too tall to get under lower cars on an initial lift, and the potential for damage to a unibody... Im tempted to get a set of Gray ones that Hatt showed a while back - US made and a flat V type touchpoint.

For vans and Jeeps the US jack ones you got should be perfect!

Reactions: JC1
Nice jackstands I was unaware that any were still made in USA besides Snap-on. I have a Craftsman set but they don’t work on lower vehicles I also have some that were made from Model T axle housings by another mechanic and they are strong and durable so I use those I bought them from his family at his estate sale along with a bunch of other shop equipment that is nicely made or homemade. They don’t fit under anything except the bigger stuff either but it probably would help if I had a paved driveway instead of gravel then it would probably work better. Those stands will definitely be some I recommend to others.

There are not many left that are 100% US made, the Hein Werner were good stand but unfortunately are now a mix of US and Chicom stuff and only assembled in the USA. The top of the US jack is great for frames and sub frames they have almost full contact without damaging the metal or the coatings instead of only on the outer edge like most others originally designed for live axles.

I have the 3 ton which is good for most cars, you would be hard pressed to find a better stand.

There are not many left that are 100% US made, the Hein Werner were good stand but unfortunately are now a mix of US and Chicom stuff and only assembled in the USA. The top of the US jack is great for frames and sub frames they have almost full contact without damaging the metal or the coatings instead of only on the outer edge like most others originally designed for live axles.

I have the 3 ton which is good for most cars, you would be hard pressed to find a better stand.

You pointed me in the right direction once again. I grabbed two sets, perfect for my needs.

Nice stands!

I have some OTC US- made stands that Im happy with, they are also 3 ton. The only challenge with stands like this is that theyre almost too tall to get under lower cars on an initial lift, and the potential for damage to a unibody... Im tempted to get a set of Gray ones that Hatt showed a while back - US made and a flat V type touchpoint.

For vans and Jeeps the US jack ones you got should be perfect!

And you need to get yourself a jack that lifts cars higher than the cheapo jacks. One of the reasons I went with the Daytona 3 ton with a 23 inch lift height.

What about this to replace jack and jack stand?

I was looking for the height, and something overkill regarding the load capacity. Then I'd have 4 times the hydraulics with that design stand when I do work calling for all 4 wheels in the air. That's what pointed me toward the 6 ton jack stands from the beginning.

Reactions: JC1

I’ve had the US Jack 6 tons for about 11 years now. No complaints. The only thing bad I’ve done to them is spill brake fluid on one which caused the paint to bubble up. Peeled the paint, spray painted that section and good to go.

FWIW, Hein Werner pin style jack stands are still 100% USA. The “assembled in USA with US and global components” tag now applies to their ratcheting style jack stands. Hein Werner is still advertised as Shinn Fu’s premium industrial brand, so I would frankly still regard the integrity of their QC and products over many others.

I was looking for the height, and something overkill regarding the load capacity. Then I'd have 4 times the hydraulics with that design stand when I do work calling for all 4 wheels in the air. That's what pointed me toward the 6 ton jack stands from the beginning.

4x the hydraulics isn’t the worst thing, if it was more convenient than lugging a jack around.

Challenge is that those jacks and stands are too high for use under most cars.

4x the hydraulics isn’t the worst thing, if it was more convenient than lugging a jack around.

Challenge is that those jacks and stands are too high for use under most cars.
Yes they are high for most cars, which was another reason I never bought them. Regarding moving a jack around, I was never really bothered with that. Many times I'll have one jack at the front of the vehicle and another at the rear. With the solid axle Rubicon I have I'll put the rear on jack stands and use two jacks to raise the front for tire rotations.

25-ish inches in height, here are my 6 tons compared to 4 ton craftsman and 2 ton MVP. I have a Ford Transit 350, if I put the stands on the frame of the van, it maxes out the very top ratcheting notch of the 6 ton stands, just getting the wheel off the ground. Curb weight of the van is 6000 pounds, so I’m Using 25% of the rated capacity, But 100% of the height.

Attachments

• B7DA2BAE-B726-4D17-A2DF-F49F9EB5FDFC.jpg
    B7DA2BAE-B726-4D17-A2DF-F49F9EB5FDFC.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 60
25-ish inches in height, here are my 6 tons compared to 4 ton craftsman and 2 ton MVP. I have a Ford Transit 350, if I put the stands on the frame of the van, it maxes out the very top ratcheting notch of the 6 ton stands, just getting the wheel off the ground. Curb weight of the van is 6000 pounds, so I’m Using 25% of the rated capacity, But 100% of the height.
Fortunately I won't have that issue. Maxing out those stands would get me way more height than I'm used to. I upgraded from the 4 ton Craftsman stand pictured in the middle.

Last edited:
Back