US Grand Prix Pictures - Indianapolis 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
Just wanted to post some pictures from the F1 USGP in Indy. Some I took, others my buddy got. All in all a great time with incredible crowds the whole weekend. I look forward to going back next year, providing there is a race
rolleyes.gif

code:

http://community.webshots.com/user/wizzells

How did you get some of those shots? I didn't think they let you go up close in F1 anymore?

Why wouldn't there be a race next year? I haven't been following this season very close.

Thanks for posting!

Thursday they have a pit lane walk through which gets you within 20 feet of the actual garages, and within shaking distance of the team members hands at times. That was one of the most incredible things I will remember is getting so close to these teams and cars which, at times, seem unreal. This was the first time I've been to an F1 race weekend and it was totally surreal the whole time.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Why wouldn't there be a race next year? I haven't been following this season very close.

Thanks for posting!

Basically what has been happening is that Bernie Ecclestone (F1 pres.) is playing hardball with Tony George (IMS CEO). The contract to have the race at IMS ended this year, and following the fiasco last year no one knows if they will be able to come to an agreement about bringing the race back. There has been talk of moving it to Vegas, maybe 1 west coast, 1 east coast race...basically at this point all rumors. We'll see. I certainly hope that F1 doesnt leave the states. If it does, Im going to Montreal for the race next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back