US general killed in insider attack in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is killing supposed to be reserved for enlisted men only? Are officers supposed to be protected and kept away from the battle field? At what level does a military personnel become immune from getting killed?

I had really never seen a news item with this type of twist before.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Is killing supposed to be reserved for enlisted men only? Are officers supposed to be protected and kept away from the battle field? At what level does a military personnel become immune from getting killed?

Interesting isn't it? You see many of the top officers are shielded from personal danger (rarely in a dangerous combat area) and that is why they are so willing to send the troops into the slaughter.

The reason why the US continues to interfere in the Middle East is
primarily because of Ashkanaism which occupy a land that they stole from the semitic inhabitants that had lived in that area for a thousand years or more.

Typical of small unit combat engagements very high ranking officers don't come out to the battlefield. Now in large wars, which we have not fought since Korea higher ranking commanders IE division on up tend to be closer to the front lines, so as a result stuff happens. Also by default the more divisions you have in combat the more generals on up you have to get killed.

Off the top of my head at the height of the Afgahn conflict we had probably 250k thousand troops. Depending on how that's broken up you could have 20-30 division or division elements in country, break that down further to actual combat. Say 10 which means you have a limited number of general on up officers in the field. Of those very few will be at say a roadblock when an IED goes off unless like in this example they were targeted.

Now compare that to WW2 on the Eastern front which was as long as the US east coast and had roughly 7+ million men, lots of generals, leading large divisional maneuvers so a high casualty rate.

As to your first question, yes officers are more valuable than enlisted men. You cannot command an army without an officer core and a core of NCO's. They require more training as well, both in time and money. A two star general is always a very high value target, the more shiny stuff on their shoulders the higher the value.

Stalin learned this lesson in 1941, so he stopped shooting his, notice the massive improvement in the Red Army over the next 12-18 months as a result. We learned it in Vietnam.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Well at least were done with that [censored] hole at the end of the year, cut off all aid and just lob a nuke if they every bother us again. Problem solved.

Thankfully simpleton views like this don't actually come to fruition. I get the frustration though. Military bases are risky in the US on home soil. Just takes one or two crazies.

Well I'd love to get into a detailed military geopolitical discussion about our possible options for dealing with the middle east, but not on this forum.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Interesting isn't it? You see many of the top officers are shielded from personal danger (rarely in a dangerous combat area) and that is why they are so willing to send the troops into the slaughter.

The reason why the US continues to interfere in the Middle East is
primarily because of Ashkanaism which occupy a land that they stole from the semitic inhabitants that had lived in that area for a thousand years or more.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Someone has not served in Afghanistan or Iraq. As soon as anyone steps outside there he or she is an potential target. Leading from behind is not an flag or general officer affliction only nor is it a common leadership trait.

Indeed, I certainly have never and never would serve in places that are CLEARLY not essential to the national security of the
USA. Unfortunately our gov't and military has become a proxy and host country for interests that are in fact very detrimental to our country's interests.

Last edited:
If you are ever curious check out the U.S. federal budget from 1956 and then check 2006 the war on terror has not caused the current debt situation. If the U.S. did not fund the Department of Defense the U.S. federal budget would still run at a deficit for FY 2014.

Now back to topic.

Trav I agree and I feel for his wife whom is also a solder and his daughter.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Make it a big glass parking lot. That would make a few others think twice too.

Great idea, meddling in the Middle East for the past 60 or so years is what caused our problems in the first place.

I can promise you that it wouldn't make those folks think twice, likely the US and Israel would be prime targets for retaliatory action that would make some of our cities glass parking lots and guess which city is closest for their convenience? Tel Aviv.

Last edited:

Great idea, meddling in the Middle East for the past 60 or so years is what caused our problems in the first place.

I can promise you that it wouldn't make those folks think twice, likely the US and Israel would be prime targets for retaliatory action that would make some of our cities glass parking lots and guess which city is closest for their convenience? Tel Aviv.

Remember there are other WMD other than Nukes, I wonder if hometown USA has the stomach for all out war.

BTW you can go back 100 years and find the US (and Europe) meddling in the Middle East.

Try the crusades. The U.S. has been involved in the middle east since the 1801. I guess the founding fathers were the founding of the NWO.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Try the crusades. The U.S. has been involved in the middle east since the 1801. I guess the founding fathers were the founding of the NWO.

Except prior to the 1930s we weren't bolstering alien invaders that stole the land of the original semitic peoples, in the Holy Land, and plenty of the FF including George Washington, were more than happy to refrain from any foreign engagements unless our immediate borders were threatened I completely agree, and if we would have adhered to that idea we would still have credibility in the eyes of the rest of the world, now we do not have ANY left.

To this day Iraq, and Afghanistan were NEVER any threat to our country. The amusing thing is that the CIA aided the Taliban and others like the Muslim Brotherhood, and AL CiaDUH. Now we are paying the price.

Of course you never want to speak of the 1953 CIA coup of
the democratically elected PM of Iraq, Mohammad Mosaddeq.

We criminally, grossly, and arrogantly interfered in Iran's internal affairs and have continually paid a heavy price for it, I might add our leaders actually deserve to pay that price, the people have been lied to throughout the years to bury and distract from hearing about criminal acts like this. Luckily the internet allows these war criminal acts to be discovered by many that
search, as the controlled corporate media has blacked out any real discussion of this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Northwest Africa actually. The First Barbary War with the US vs Tunis, Algeria, and Tripoli. (with the independent Sultanate of Morocco thrown in.) Sure, provinces of the Ottoman Empire, but very independent of Istanbul.

But I'm sure he'll tie in President Jefferson's refusal to pay tribute and take action to protect our merchant ships and crews from capture and slavery to some sort of semitic plot to rule the world
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: expat

Remember there are other WMD other than Nukes, I wonder if hometown USA has the stomach for all out war.

Yeah, because that whole World War 2 thing was such a minor affair......

Yeah, because that whole World War 2 thing was such a minor affair...... [/quote]

My point is, How many U.S. cities destroyed, how many U.S. civilians killed?

If Biological warfare were released on U.S. cities I don't see the population acting so stoic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back