US Fidellis warranty worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen quite a few commercials for this US Fidellis auto warranty that is supposed to be "better" than buying from a dealership. Has anyone used US Fidellis and should this be an option for anyone that is buying a used car?

seems like there is a mixed bag. Some say they got the run around but there are many that say they have used it a few times and everything was paid in full directly to the mechanic

^^^ well said. Remember too, you also need all maintenence done for maintenance items. That is, there's more to it than just paying the warranty dividend.

Does your vehicle have less than 1,000,000 miles and is less than 25 years old????? Then we have a plan just for you.......
grin2.gif

What I find strange is Clark Howard [CONSUMER AFFAIRS ON HLN] on weekends at noon [eastern time] always says stay far away from all those warranty companies...Yet his show has US Fidellis as his main sponser.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
What I find strange is Clark Howard [CONSUMER AFFAIRS ON HLN] on weekends at noon [eastern time] always says stay far away from all those warranty companies...Yet his show has US Fidellis as his main sponser.

I've noticed that myself. Oh well, follow the dollar...

If you want to know where they are getting prices of the repairs,based on repair costs of foriegn cars.My brother Andy called them once and found this out.There is one lie on one of the commercials,the transmssion out of a 2004 Dodge Intrepid does not go out which is a bulletptoof transmission and most yards do not get calls for them.

My job is to deal with factory warranties and extended "warranties" which are really service policies.

There are some good aftermarket warranties. Some.

But it's like the stock market. Many go out of business daily, leaving you stuck with thousands of dollars in repair bills.

They can pay your dealer with a credit card, you can leave the dealership, the extended warranty can go out of business, the bank the credit card is drawn on will charge it back to the dealer, and guess who the dealer goes after?

You.

But...but Rusty Wallace wholly endorses it people!
smirk2.gif

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3541/******es.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back