US Air Crash: First Class vs. Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front of the plane, fewer people and easier exists.

Middle of the plane, more people and harder exists. I would be out on that wing in about 20 seconds or less and I definitely wouldn't be worrying about a raft.

Originally Posted By: zulu
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/04/the-difference-between-fi_n_163849.html

Note the first class passangers in front, dry, in a raft.

Note the coach passangers, standing on the wing, waist deep in freezing water.

Quote:
In case you didn't know, the picture is Photoshopped.

Enough with the class envy warfare. Not sure why people need to dislike/disparage the rich.

Quote:
passangers

NOW that is rich!

Hmmm... something isn't right here...

Where are the inflatable slides that were deployed immediately after the plane landed to help keep it afloat?

That isn't even a good photoshop. Good enough for the Huffington Post to use to stoke class warfare, I guess.

Edit: found an actual picture.
15plane4-600.jpg

Edit again: Now I see it, in the original picture the slide just LOOKS like a raft. No photoshop.

Last edited:
The vast majority of people sitting in first class get their via an upgrade. When I was flying a great deal, I rode upfront 50-75% of the time, didn't pay a dime more than the poor schlub sitting in the middle seat next to the bathroom (also me, many times).

http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090118/APNEWS01/701189904

This story references the slides as "rafts" also.

"Heading toward the forward exits, and then standing on the wings, the passengers developed their pecking order. Women and children went first into the rafts, then people who had fallen into the river and been plucked out."

No mention of "first-class only" being allowed onto the slides.

If I can't use class envy to hate the first class passengers, can I use sexism and ageism to hate the women and children given first preference for the slides? LOL

Yeah, but don't forget -- in the majority of mishaps, the "first class" passengers are the "first to die". In the classic aircraft crash scenario, the front end, where all the "important" people sit, soaks up the lion's share of the energy in "marginal" crashes (those in which there's a chance for some to survive -- in the totally catastrophic ones, it matters not whether you're in the front or the back...).

Do you really think that the far back row survivor in this mishap is griping 'cuz his feet got wet while he was surviving??? Hey, I'll take my good fortune whether or not it comes with wet feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back