UPR Catch Can & Maximus-3 Rear Tow Hooks

Installed a new UPR catch can today. It took about 25 minutes and was totally plug and play. Lots of opinions about them, but I have seen the amount of oil they catch on the Jeep forums and find it meets my needs. The OEM PCV hose had oil in it on both ends.

The Maximus-3 rear tow hooks also installed with no issues save for a small amount of grinding needed on the passenger flag nut to make it slip through the frame. There was an OEM tow hook on the driver's side that was removed and the Maximus-3 fit in its place. I have some Gear America Uber Shackles coming to add to my recovery kit.

Enjoy!

[Linked Image from iili.io]

[Linked Image from iili.io]

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

You will probably still find oil in the hose using that UPR. I've run their original version and also their 4 stage version on my 2014 Mustang GT and my fiancée's 2007 Mustang GT and still had liquid oil in the outlet lines. They will catch oil but will also let a lot through.

I still find a bit of oil in my JLT seperator on my Mustang. I know people here tend to have a take it or leave it opinion of catch cans, but I like them. They are now no longer CARB exempt so I have to take it off to smog the Mustang later this year. Luckily I tend to keep all the stock parts.

Back