Upgraded to a new (used) lawn mower!

I've been looking to upgrade to a better mulching lawn mower for a while now and have been checking Facebook marketplace for a few months and have been looking at Toro Super recyclers... Found this Toro Super Recycler in Orlando listed for $360 last week and made the trip to pick it up!
The engine was surging up and down when I bought it and I knew all a carb cleaning was needed, cleaned the carb well and added an inline fuel filter and it runs perfect! Battery is good, the electric start works great. The oil level was below the add mark (of course) so I changed and filled it with 18oz of new oil. The engine has a build date of 4/2020 so it's still quite new!
This has the 190CC Briggs engine which has surprisingly good power to mow tall St. Augustine grass. And, this mower mulches GREAT, it leaves no grass clumps or any clippings behind! Which is exactly what I wanted in a lawn mower. And, the deck is aluminum so no rust!
The Toro personal is awesome, it makes the mow super easy, much better than the On/Off self propel like other mowers.
I am very happy with the performance of this mower, can't wait for next summer to mow!
Sold my 5 year old Yard Machines mower for $100 on Saturday to make room for this, a big upgrade!

Attachments

• IMG_20201024_133351533_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201024_133351533_HDR.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20201024_133405464_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201024_133405464_HDR.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20201024_133427495_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201024_133427495_HDR.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 209
Nice mower. I can tell you take care of your equipment. It should give you15-20 years of good service to you.

I would put a fuel shutoff valve on it too.. other than that.. looks really nice.. Does that have the new briggs autochoke on it.

if so I hope it works better than the husqvarna that my neighbor had. the auto choke worked for about a year then had terrible issues with it.

I would put a fuel shutoff valve on it too.. other than that.. looks really nice.. Does that have the new briggs autochoke on it.

if so I hope it works better than the husqvarna that my neighbor had. the auto choke worked for about a year then had terrible issues with it.
I thought about the fuel shut off, but I've used non-ethanol gas in mower and will continue with this one and never had an issue. The fuel filter was more important to me to keep any debris that might fall into the gas tank out of the carb.

This does have some sort of thermally activated choke, hope it keeps working!

someone said lawnboy, ;-) In the 50's Lawnboy had a variable speed pulley on the engine. Hopefully my 82 model will last until we make the electric conversion.

all personal pace does is slip the belt to vary the speed. this dosnt work well in thick spongy st ausgistine grass here in florida. also sucks for trimming and mowing hills and ditches but you keep buying them as you don't understand how they work. its not a varable speed system. its a one speed in disguise. you don't realise that when you slip the belt-you are slightly pushing the mower to make it go . I want a selfpropeled mower to do ALL the work

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2005 Toro Recycler (purchased new) runs amazingly well. I've only had to do one repair - a broken cable. Other then that the Tecumseh engine purs and the Personal Pace is awesome. I always store it with Stabil in the gas and change the 5W30 syn oil every season. The deck is still in good shape too! I have zero reason to even consider another brand of mower.

Very nice machine.. I just don't have a love for Briggs and Stratton.. it that machine available with a Honda or Kohler?

Very nice machine.. I just don't have a love for Briggs and Stratton.. it that machine available with a Honda or Kohler?

The Toro Super Recycler has the option for a Honda GCV160, which is what I have on mine. I believe the Recycler models also have the option of a Kohler engine. The TimeMaster (30") with the dual blades only has one engine option of a Briggs OHV to my knowledge.

Back