Upgraded My Trimming System

I have been reloading since the 80's and wish this would have been available back then. I have paid for more than a few of these with the trimming tools that I have tried through the years. Incredibly smooth and not only trims to size, but also chamfers/deburrs all in the same operation. I looked long and hard at this one and the Giraud, but chose this one because it will not tire your hands like the Giraud and it not as noisy.

I spoke with Todd Henderson before I bought it and he was very stand-up guy and was forthcoming with information. He told me they have about a 4 week lead time, but I received all of my order within 11 days. This thing is smooth as glass and is very fast and accurate. All of my brass was within ± .001" and set up was a snap as-is swapping between diameters.

This is a "buy-once and cry-once" item and is an investment should be done if you are going to be reloading for many years.

rdzhZu.jpg

Interesting. Have you ever tried the Dillon case trimmer? If so, how does your new trimmer compare?

Interesting. Have you ever tried the Dillon case trimmer? If so, how does your new trimmer compare?
Yes, but it was limited to certain calibers and despite the vacuum attachment, it made a mess on the press.

It also required chamfering/deburring as a separate operation which adds time and extra steps.

This unit takes care of all of it at once. It also handles all of the calibers I load except one, but Henderson is in the process of making a cutting head for it.

It is the best I have ever tried to date.

Last edited:
Yes, but it was limited to certain calibers and despite the vacuum attachment, it made a mess on the press.

It also required chamfering/deburring as a separate operation which adds time and extra steps.

This unit takes care of all of it at once. It also handles all of the calibers I load except one, but Henderson is in the process of making a cutting head for it.

It is the best I have ever tried to date.

You have got my attention there! I load for 14 calibers. I'll have to look them up and see what calibers they don't provide for. Thanks for the info on the Dillon. Mess is last thing I want to introduce to my progressive. Most rifle I load on a single stage (accuracy nut).

Wow. Color me BLIND. Thanks!!

I guess I quit at .284. Odd they do their dropdown like that.
They need to remove (or add) the word "caliber" to have them in numerical order...

I'll ping Todd and give feedback.

You have got my attention there! I load for 14 calibers. I'll have to look them up and see what calibers they don't provide for. Thanks for the info on the Dillon. Mess is last thing I want to introduce to my progressive. Most rifle I load on a single stage (accuracy nut).
Yep; I am with you there. I have multiple Dillon presses, but one thing they do not like is crud. I have moved decapping operations away from the Dillons too. I bought a Lee App Press and it is sublime for decapping and does not care about the crud that is loosened.

I have never been a huge fan of Lee, though their products are usually ingenious, but the fabrication/engineering of them comes off as cheap. But this is the little press that could and with the 4 tube case feeder, you can just blast through depriming. I have a FW Arms decapper that knows no bounds and can even punch a flash hole in a Berdan primed case.

Yep; I am with you there. I have multiple Dillon presses, but one thing they do not like is crud. I have moved decapping operations away from the Dillons too. I bought a Lee App Press and it is sublime for decapping and does not care about the crud that is loosened.

I have never been a huge fan of Lee, though their products are usually ingenious, but the fabrication/engineering of them comes off as cheap. But this is the little press that could and with the 4 tube case feeder, you can just blast through depriming. I have a FW Arms decapper that knows no bounds and can even punch a flash hole in a Berdan primed case.
My sentiment exactly on Lee. Their crimp die is phenomenal though. Only Lee product I use. My progressive is Hornady and I do not like to have any type of crud by the shellplate. Keeps everything running smoothly.

Back