Updated Motorcraft FL-2062-A

Came across this today on another page. Looks like an updated 2.7L ecoboost filter. Made in Brazil. I wonder if ford changed suppliers on these or something. I may have to try one out next change. I usually will not use a motorcraft but if they moved away from purolator... anyone see these or try them yet?

71AFFAA3-A685-47D7-935A-9A4C9FA75436.jpeg

A05FAA0F-50AA-40F3-A6AA-B81528717949.jpeg

I could have sworn the previous replacements and factory filters had polyurethane end caps?? Did it at least come with new O-Rings?

These filters are also used on the 3.0 EcoBoost (MKZ/Continental and Explorer ST).

Ok bought one of these at local WM and installed on 2.7 F150. Obviously different construction and comes with green cap o'rings and a black rubber pilot o'ring. Im not saying its the filter or the o'rings but the truck was towed to the dealer today, 200 miles after oil change with low oil pressure? 20K miles could be bad sender but who knows.
confused2.gif

Last edited:
Doubt it was the oil filter ... but let us know what the dealer finds.

Originally Posted by brights_garage
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Doubt it was the oil filter ... but let us know what the dealer finds.

I agree.

I agree.

I didn't know ford was using cartridge style filters. I thought all the EcoBoost engines where using FL500s. Thanks for the update.

Originally Posted by mpack88
I didn't know ford was using cartridge style filters. I thought all the EcoBoost engines where using FL500s. Thanks for the update.

The engine used on the Focus or Fusion also used a cartridge filter IIRC. The 6.0-6.4 Navistar PSDs all use cartridge filters as well.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by mpack88

The engine used on the Focus or Fusion also used a cartridge filter IIRC. The 6.0-6.4 Navistar PSDs all use cartridge filters as well.

The 2007 Fusion 2.3 used the MC FL 2017B Cartridge.
[Linked Image]

I'm using the FL-2062-A right now and it is a taller filter than FL-2062. I'm not sure it is a better filter. The end plates aren't black plastic like the 2062. The included O-rings are a different color and material. I'm hearing the GT350/500s are using FL-2087 which is dimensionally identical to FL-2062, but uses a pleat/material similar to the Amsoil Ea15K filter, with wire mesh reinforcement, and a metal core.

It looks like a Mann, which is the parent company of Purolator.
Good observation. When I first saw it that was my first thought too. Endcap material/composition look identical to the Mann made for BMW cartridges. Not much of a leap to say this MC is made by Mann. Linked pic of aforementioned BMW/Mann cartridge.

Back