Update on Walmart's Oil Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Walmart earlier today, so going from memory, these are the latest oil prices:

Supertech dino, 1qt bottles: $1.20
Supertech dino, 5qt jugs: $5.48
grin.gif

Supertech full-syn, 1qt bottles: $3.22

Pennzoil dino, 5qt jugs: $10.77
shocked.gif

Pennzoil Platinum, 5qt jugs: $20.17

Mobil 1 Extended Performance, 5-qt jugs: $25.96
Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 T&SUV, 1qt bottles: $5.40
shocked.gif

Mobil 1, 5qt jugs: $20.17

The latest from the Walmart on Florin Rd. in Sacramento,
Mike

BTW, forgot to add that Trop Artic was $1.52/qt.

Agreed. That Walmart IS crazy.
gr_eek2.gif
Traffic is horrible. When I was there on the day after X-Mas, the Walmart was so packed that I could barely move shopping cart 2 ft without hitting someone the entire time.
mad.gif

Hi,
Just a quick addition to this information. WalMart prices will vary by region. What someone pays in Sacramento I would not necessarily pay in Minneapolis. Also, surprisingly (to me, anyway) was that I paid $4.50/qt for pre-Katrina M1 5w-30at a local competitor's store. WalMart was charging $5.17/qt at the time for the same oil. It often pays to check what the small local guys are charging.
JMO.
Glen

In my area, Pennz 5w20 is now the same price as their 5w30 or 10w30. It used to be you paid a premium for the 20w product. All are now $2.12/qt. And there is no advantage (at least price-wise) to buying it in the 5qt jug like before. I still like the large jug for used oil return though.

The 10w30 Havoline, that I use in my daughters '99 Protege, has risen from $6.44 to $8.xx for the 5qt jug.

I hear so many of you finding coupons for discounts at auto parts stores, but they haven't been running those ads locally in our papers, or maybe I'm just missing them.

prices are pretty close to the same here.

Havoline is up to $1.88 a quart.
and Castrol GTX is on sale for $1.68 a quart...and whadda ya know..its all gone.
frown.gif

It varys from store to store in relation to what the local competition is...for example I have 4 Walmarts within 20 minutes of my house(yes 4 and this is New Hampshire)
shocked.gif

Athe Amherst store Castrol Syntec Blend is only 2.56 a qt...go to the Bedford or Manchester Wallys and it is 2.97...not all Walmarts pricing is equal and that goes for everything, not just oil.

I saw in one Walmart a case of Havoline for 18.56.....another walmart it was about 23 dollars...go figure...pays to shop all the diff stores
smile.gif

Yes, ucandoit. Also, not all WallMarts offer the same products either. They tend to offer the same lines ..but not always the same coverage. In mine, Rotella synth is only available in gallon jugs. In Lock Haven, 200 miles away where my daughter used to attend college, they have the quarts.

Along those same lines, we have 2 Wallys within 5 miles and only one of them sells the 5qt jugs of Pennz 5w20. A year ago you could get them at both stores, but now the closer one has started offering Castrol 5w20 in the jugs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back