Update on Cycle Shop Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Got my bike back today, and wow, I'm very pleased with it. It runs better than ever, more power, starts great, and was not damaged. They said :

* The valves were too tight

* The intake cam was one tooth out of adjustment.

They treated my $3k bike like it was a $20k Gold Wing. Those people do good work. Next time I PREFER to go there. Not going to chance the other place after the way these guys treated my machine me so well. Now I'm a believer. He said I could check the valves again in about 13000 miles, which may be in a few years the way I ride..

That's why I try not to judge too quickly. besides, there's a reason the shop was busy.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
That was the shop you originally dropped it off at?

Yes. I just found a scratch on the fairing. I'm going to ask them if they'll touch it up with some yellow touch up paint. If they will, I'll be satisfied. Mechanically, the motor runs like a whole different machine. It's much more responsive and just acts healthier.

Now I learn gas has gone up to $3.40 a gallon. Aw chit.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Originally Posted By: sciphi
That was the shop you originally dropped it off at?

Mechanically, the motor runs like a whole different machine. It's much more responsive and just acts healthier.

It should if the cam was not timed properly. 1 tooth retarded, and you were really minimizing the cylinder fill time on the intake stroke. Kind of surprised it ran even half way decent. Be careful out there... SIPDE and ATGATT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back