Update on '07 Malibu Power Steering Error Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said in previous thread:
"I talked to a lady on the phone at GM and told her that the symptoms sounded like the 2007 service extention for the 2005 model year. She said if a dealership confirms my suspicions, they may foot the bill for me."

Didn't you have it checked at a dealer ?

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
P0460 is a generic code set when a fuel level sensor circuit malfunction occurs.

Not in the world of GM electronic power steering. This has its own section in newer GM scan tools. The code translates to a Power Steering Position Sensor Malfunction. It was in the history codes section of the scan tool. Symptoms are described as a loss of some assist, slower or poor wheel return to center, and of course the three warning chimes with "Power Steering" showing up in the driver information center.

I had to drive to Wisconsin for a business trip, so I swung by my Dad's shop on the way up since it was on the way. We plugged into it and found the code in the History section. I think I may way 100 key cycles to see if it comes back on. I should be about half way through the key cycle thing. I could also disconnect the battery, but I'm not that concerned at this point. I kind of like the slightly more resistive feel to the wheel.

Originally Posted By: Nyquist
P0460 is a generic code set when a fuel level sensor circuit malfunction occurs.

Not in the world of GM electronic power steering. This has its own section in newer GM scan tools.

That's actually a C0460 code, not a P0460 code. C for Chassis. P codes are for Powertrain. There are also B codes, for Body. Possibly some others I don't recall right now. The point is, the letter is also important and not all codes have P as the first letter.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
Originally Posted By: Nyquist

Not in the world of GM electronic power steering. This has its own section in newer GM scan tools.

That's actually a C0460 code, not a P0460 code. C for Chassis. P codes are for Powertrain. There are also B codes, for Body. Possibly some others I don't recall right now. The point is, the letter is also important and not all codes have P as the first letter.

Thanks for pointing that out. I need to be more careful when reciting these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back