Upcoming oil change...

I have an oil change coming up, the last time, I got my oil at Costco, 5w20 synthetic, I'm unable to get it at Costco again. I can either order it from Amazon, go to Walmart. Or just start using Quaker State. The vehicle in question is a 13 Ford Edge 113,000 MI 3.5L

Walmart should be just fine. Amazon is spoon burning these days with their prices. Black and gold bottle Pennzoil full synthetic is $18-19 a jug. Supertech syn is $19.

Curious what the big difference is between Quaker State and Pennzoil synthetic? I wonder how different the additive package is?

Costco's Kirkland oil is same thing as Walmart's SuperTech oil, just go to WM and get it there. 5w-30 should run great in your engine too.
Yeah, just a little sketchy with the new owners of Warren, not sure if they're going to be changing the formula, or pulling it off the shelves. I have noticed Amazon is hit or miss and so is Costco.. But yes I heard of other several other Ford Edge owners running 5W-30 with no issues..

Attachments

• QS1.jpg
    QS1.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 37
  • QS.jpg
    QS.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 37
Curious what the big difference is between Quaker State and Pennzoil synthetic? I wonder how different the additive package is?
I don't know about add pack. I do know PS does not carry Dexos certs, if that matters to you. Don't know if QS does, you'd have to read the jug.

ST Syn carries Dexos certs. As for Warren new owners being "sketchy", until and unless I something to verify their oil has changed, I'm going with it meeting all the certs and approvals it lists, same as always.

Happened to notice new Castrol GTX Syn at the $20/jug price point at WM. It carries Dexos certs.

incase you didn't know they're both owned by shell and I've researched both of their pds sheets and a couple of the grades were identical. Some ever just so slightly different.

I have an oil change coming up, the last time, I got my oil at Costco, 5w20 synthetic, I'm unable to get it at Costco again. I can either order it from Amazon, go to Walmart. Or just start using Quaker State. The vehicle in question is a 13 Ford Edge 113,000 MI 3.5L

You can get the 6 qt box of Havoline LL 0W-20 Synthetic for $19.97 at my local Walmart.

I think I'd rather stay with 5w20 even though technically it's the same when it warms up..

I think they offer it in 5W-20 as well just for some reason the two dominant full synthetic grades are 0W-20 and 5W-30 at the local Walmart. They do have 0W-16 M1 though (Says for selected Honda and Toyota Vehicles on the bottle).

Back