UOA`s Pennz yb vs the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve been reading and searching through alot of UOA`s here. It seems that Pennzoil yb gives the best results out of any oil. I`ve used it and it`s probably one of the smoothest running oils I`ve ever tried. I like it better than any synthetic I`ve used. I know a guy who has a twin turbo 300ZX and he has used yb 20W50 since his car was brand new. He regularly tracks his car and it`s always driven very hard. He did a compression test awhile back and all 6 cylinders show factory spec compression and his car also has the original turbos. He`s just gotten past 350,000 miles on that car.

Just makes me wonder what`s in that stuff compared to other oils?

Except that UOA's really tell you SFA about how well an oil is working other than contamination levels and remaining life..........

It is a good oil. I did an ARX Clean/Rinse in my moms Kia Spectra with QS-Dino and then switched her to Pennzoil YB and you can barely notice the engine running at the lights. It wasn't like this with the QS.

I can't wait to see what the UOA returns.

Excellent oil.

The bottom line is many millions of cars go the distance with Pennzoil YB with no issues.

UOA or not.

I'd run it with out NO questions. If the car REQUIRED a syn then I'd prob run PP or Q horsepower.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Excellent oil.

The bottom line is many millions of cars go the distance with Pennzoil YB with no issues.

UOA or not.

I'd run it with out NO questions. If the car REQUIRED a syn then I'd prob run PP or Q horsepower.

Agreed. Lots of high mileage engines running this oil with zero problems.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I`ve been reading and searching through alot of UOA`s here. It seems that Pennzoil yb gives the best results out of any oil. I`ve used it and it`s probably one of the smoothest running oils I`ve ever tried. I like it better than any synthetic I`ve used. I know a guy who has a twin turbo 300ZX and he has used yb 20W50 since his car was brand new. He regularly tracks his car and it`s always driven very hard. He did a compression test awhile back and all 6 cylinders show factory spec compression and his car also has the original turbos. He`s just gotten past 350,000 miles on that car.

Just makes me wonder what`s in that stuff compared to other oils?

If you like it so much, why don't you use it in your Z?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
If you like it so much, why don't you use it in your Z?
grin2.gif

I`m probably gonna go buy a case of it tomorrow. That and some Valvoline wb
11.gif

I think ChevronTexaco makes the best dinos, they just aren't nearly as common as Pennzoil YB.

When you could get Chevron Supreme at WalMart, I used to run it in my truck. I got better UOA results with it than with M1.

Unfortunately it's hard to find anymore.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 04SE
I am stocking up on YB 5w20 while it is on sale.

Where`d you find the yb on sale? Is it weight specific or are all weights included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back