UOA of 06 Audi A3 2.0t running GC (M0512)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that iron level even considering the engine's young age and the fuel dilution, which could be affected by ring sealing. Also don't like that a 1/2 qt of make-up oil was needed. Go for a great 40 weight oil, like Lubromoly 5W-40 or 0W-40 or Pentosin 5W-40 or something in that league.

quote:

Originally posted by JAG:
I don't like that iron level even considering the engine's young age and the fuel dilution, which could be affected by ring sealing. Also don't like that a 1/2 qt of make-up oil was needed. Go for a great 40 weight oil, like Lubromoly 5W-40 or 0W-40 or Pentosin 5W-40 or something in that league.

I'd hardly call those two 5w40's "great"

Dave

well, no... they both said Liqui-Moly is not a "great" 5W-40

they did not say it was not readily available or that it is expensive.

i would like to know from crew219 and Nebraskan: why would you say that it is not a great 5W-40?

quote:

Originally posted by JAG:
Also don't like that a 1/2 qt of make-up oil was needed.

Me neither.. that was what I was replying to.
blush.gif

a half quart seems to be a bit excessive.

Sorry, but I don't think a half quart consumption is excessive in an engine that sees 7krpms and sustained periods of 4-5krpms.

Dave

quote:

Originally posted by BennyL:
well, no... they both said Liqui-Moly is not a "great" 5W-40

they did not say it was not readily available or that it is expensive.

i would like to know from crew219 and Nebraskan: why would you say that it is not a great 5W-40?

I ran it as well as Pentosynth on my old 2.8L V6. Didn't really care for it . . . had substantial valve tick until fully warmed . . . seemed as if GC quieted down the engine a lot.

Now that i have a turbo 4 cyl, I'm not really even looking at any oil that doesn't carry the 503.01 certification.

For the price you pay for Lubromoly/Pentosin, I just don't think it's worth it.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back