UOA: Mobil1 Truck & SUV 5W30 5K OCI, 2005 Jeep GC 3.7L w 165K miles

My oil sample came back from Blackstone yesterday. I was concerned with the overheating this summer but the sample appears to show little or no signs of concern. Hopefully the switch to SuperTech FS HM is as favorable as the M1 has been.

Just my $0.02

Sample.jpg

Attachments

• 05 GRAND CHEROKEE-201102.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 31
I think the TBN is crappy for M1 oil at 5700 miles. I would not go much more than 6000 miles as an OCI. You would have been better served sending the UOA to a company that provides an oxidation value since Blackstone does not. The Iron seems just a tad high also.

So that engine was overheated to the point of shutting it down and that’s the same oil ?

So that engine was overheated to the point of shutting it down and that’s the same oil ?
The engine did not shut down, the kid turned it off as he noticed the gauge (not sure the dash didn't chime at him)... The lower radiator hose developed a crack and leaked the coolant. I guess after ~160K+ and 15 years sometimes that happens... Anyway I filled it with water and some coolant to limp it home the 1/4 mile. I then repaired the hose, flushed the system with water and filled it up. It's been fine ever since.

Yes this is the same oil. I added about a 1/3 of a quart after the overheat in August and the change about 3 weeks ago. Overall I thought the sample looked good.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: 4WD
The engine did not shut down, the kid turned it off as he noticed the gauge (not sure the dash didn't chime at him)... The lower radiator hose developed a crack and leaked the coolant. I guess after ~160K+ and 15 years sometimes that happens... Anyway I filled it with water and some coolant to limp it home the 1/4 mile. I then repaired the hose, flushed the system with water and filled it up. It's been fine ever since.

Yes this is the same oil. I added about a 1/3 of a quart after the overheat in August and the change about 3 weeks ago. Overall I thought the sample looked good.

Just my $0.02
Impressive either way. This oil did a good job for you!

Back