UOA M1 0W40 5160 mi 04 Chrysler 300M Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the first analysis of my 2004 300M Special. I had done a couple of oil changes on it prior to this sample. The older information is from my 1999 300M which was totaled in February. Anyhoo, here it is...

D21737.jpg

Any thoughts??

Is the engine correct? Drag racing a 3.5 V6 when there are 2 optional Hemi's available - the 5.7 and the SRT 6.1? Just making sure Blackstone did not screw up as I have a Jeep SRT 8 with the 6.1 and have been looking for some UOA's.

Quote:

Is the engine correct? Drag racing a 3.5 V6 when there are 2 optional Hemi's available - the 5.7 and the SRT 6.1? Just making sure Blackstone did not screw up as I have a Jeep SRT 8 with the 6.1 and have been looking for some UOA's.

This is a 2004 300M - LH car, not an LX
The 3.5 was the top of the line!!

And it is fast for what it is!!

Quote:

15.1 is pretty quick, don't mind the haters.

There is not hatin' here. I just wanted to clarify as Blackstone has been known to screw up engines- they constantly put my 4.6 Mach 1 Mustang as a SOHC when in fact it was DOHC. I now know the vehicle in question and 15.1 is a great time for that vehicle. Good luck with the vehicle and hopefully 14's are just a pass or two away.
cheers.gif

Have you done any internal work to your engine recently? Replaced any gaskets? The elevated copper could be from a number of things if you cracked the engine open. In the past I have had issues with high copper readings after using Ultra Copper High Temp Silicone. Copper is routinely used as a gasket material in high temp applications like intake gaskes.

I replaced the lower intake manifold with a ported & polished piece. I also replaced the throttle body with a ported unit. When I did the Lower Intake Manifold, I also removed the valve covers, and painted them. I did replace the valve cover gaskets as well.

is there copper in the coolant you use coolant?

I thought that the ranges for copper were 0-20 normal
21-30 high, >31 get worried

I would not be at all suprised if the copper goes down on your next interval. There are too many variables when you open up a motor. Could have been some residual coolant or from the intake gasket replacement. I doubt if it will amount to anything.

Having read many reports on M1 0-40 shearing (which yours did bigtime as M1 0-40 starts at cst 14.0 at 100 IIRC) I personally may try GC in my SRT 8 which the factory fill is also 0-40 M1. I think the GC will be more consistent. Also toying with the idea of Amsoil 5-40 as I have never truely been sold on GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back