UOA issue.

This might be of help to someone. I bought a bunch of Wix Oil Analysis Kits Part # 24007 a few years ago for about $10/kit from Rock Auto. The service has been great and the price was hard to beat. Anyway I sent a sample off to the address on the outer black bottle, properly wrapped in a bubble envelope like I always do.

DON'T USE This address:

Oil Analysis Laboratories
121 Presidential Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30340

I kept tabs on tracking, and it is now over two weeks that it is in return to sender status, the forwarding address expired. If you have any old kits, a few of us bought them when RA was selling them at that price, give the Lab a call 1800 3943669 and get the updated address from them.

Currently the address is: But could change again........

Oil Analysis Laboratories
5300 Oakbrook Pkwy
Suite 245
Norcross, GA 30093

You'll save yourself a headache.

Give it time. It will get delivered eventually. The Postal Service opened a new mail distribution center in Palmetto, Ga., and it's been a nightmare for everyone in this region. We are hoping that someone in Congress can get it fixed. They've said it will take an act of Congress so the Congressmen have responded.

here's a link from a few weeks ago from our local news station reporting once again on this issue:
clicky hier: das News

Give it time. It will get delivered eventually. The Postal Service opened a new mail distribution center in Palmetto, Ga., and it's been a nightmare for everyone in this region. We are hoping that someone in Congress can get it fixed. They've said it will take an act of Congress so the Congressmen have responded.

here's a link from a few weeks ago from our local news station reporting once again on this issue:
clicky hier: das News
He is saying the old ship to address is no longer correct and not a beef with the PO.

He is saying the old ship to address is no longer correct and not a beef with the PO.
ahhh, I read it as being an excessively long time for the return. I know the distribution center is a mess and causing horrible delays and inconveniences for individuals and businesses in the area.

I'm going to cruise by that address in Norcross that was posted and see what's there. If there's anything fascinating I'll post about it.

ahhh, I read it as being an excessively long time for the return. I know the distribution center is a mess and causing horrible delays and inconveniences for individuals and businesses in the area.

I'm going to cruise by that address in Norcross that was posted and see what's there. If there's anything fascinating I'll post about it.
Thanks, it is imo a long time for the return. I would have figured once the status showed as being returned to sender I'd have it in a week, stick the correct mailing address on it and send it off again. I'll a$$ume at some point that will happen. I'll wait it out a little longer. What is disappointing is this UOA was somewhat important for two reasons: One the usage pattern of the vehicle in question drastically changed, and two the OLM keeps tripping at about 2,500 miles. I dropped the oil at 3K, which was a year. A waste maybe, maybe not. I'd love to see how accurate the OLM is, and see if blanket statements like a good synthetic oil is good for X miles or not. Now it could take me another year to find out. lol

I'm still waiting on the post office to mail me back my oil sample. I put in a claim online to try and get it back, and got no correspondence of any kind. Why am I not surprised? It sucks because it took a year of driving for this sample, and the report would have been useful.

Back