UOA is in, Should I use Auto-Rx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1997 Camaro Z28 5.7L 134k miles, automatic. I just bought this 2 week ago from a dealer that 600 miles away from me.

My currently fill is 10w30 Maxlife with oversize Mobil 1 filter, If I go with auto-rx how many applicantion do I need ? thanks btw Pennzoils with wix filter sound good when using auto-rx ? thanks

With numbers like these, I would do one ARX clean cycle with a whole bottle of ARX and a good quality dino that's not High Mileage. Then do a good rinse cycle with this same dino and you should be set.

cheers3.gif

that the answer I want to heard, I still cant decise between pennzoils and castrol gtx ?

Originally Posted By: deven
Thats a good report. No need for auto-rx just my opinion

+1

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Any plans for UOA's during the ARX cleaning and rinse?

Only after clean and rinse phase. I just pick up 10 quart of 5w30 castrol GTX with 2 Over size AC Delco filter, now im just have to wait for 2 bottle of auto-rx to get here, any one know how fast they ship out auto-rx ? thanks

After the clean and rinse, run a maintenance dose in the oil of your choice, and see what the UOA tells you. Frank uses UPS, so I would think that from the Daytona area to Missouri would be the third or 4th business day. Orders normally ship same day or next day, depending what time of day the order is placed, from my experience.

I am in the process of running yet another maintenance dose after (3) cleanings and a good baseline...See what happens.

If I had found that gem, now 11 years old, I would do all I could to preserve that LT1. I get a kick out of some of the high tech braided fishing line spooling out over the drag as music. In my estimation a good running LT1 is real music. Oil analysis looks great but, deposits almost always grow. I 'd clean it just for piece of mind. It's not like you are going to find another one, a couple miles from home.

If I had found that gem, now 11 years old, I would do all I could to preserve that LT1. I get a kick out of some of the high tech braided fishing line spooling out over the drag as music. In my estimation a good running LT1 is real music. Oil analysis looks great but, deposits almost always grow. I 'd clean it just for piece of mind. It's not like you are going to find another one, a couple miles from home.

Dude you sound like a poems, thanks

Originally Posted By: killagt

Dude you sound like a poems, thanks

This is one of the greatest posts evar!
grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

[censored] TO THE [censored] YEA, I NEED TO USE AUTO-RX

bad new, my engine is slug so bad, I pop the valve cover off just a little bit and look inside, man it so dark in their, i mean the sludge hard and stick to all the part on the engine, it look like dirt but hard dirt, how come UOA come out good ? im doing full treatment on auto-rx using sludge applican. hope it remove most of it. you think auto-rx best for this ?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Please explain the American obsession with pulling valve covers to asceratian an engines condition? It is illogical at best.

We only believe what we can see.

Quote:
bad new, my engine is slug so bad, I pop the valve cover off just a little bit and look inside, man it so dark in their, i mean the sludge hard and stick to all the part on the engine, it look like dirt but hard dirt, how come UOA come out good

Its not slug its hard deposits. They will not stop the engine from running perfectly unless an oil passage gets plugged. Not exactly uncommon on an american V8 or several V6's.

P1010088.jpg

VW for comparison.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles

Its not slug

For this one I will now enjoy 2 cups of coffee before I post anything.

large_slug.JPG

oil%20sludge%20BMW.jpg

If you have the 1st image pour some salt on your engine.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Please explain the American obsession with pulling valve covers to asceratian an engines condition? It is illogical at best.

We only believe what we can see.

Quote:
bad new, my engine is slug so bad, I pop the valve cover off just a little bit and look inside, man it so dark in their, i mean the sludge hard and stick to all the part on the engine, it look like dirt but hard dirt, how come UOA come out good

Its not slug its hard deposits. They will not stop the engine from running perfectly unless an oil passage gets plugged. Not exactly uncommon on an american V8 or several V6's.

P1010088.jpg

VW for comparison.

It will probably run fine looking like these pictures, although it would make me sick if I saw it in my engine. But that's me and my OCD.

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back