UOA in Minneapolis/St.Paul

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a good local place in the twin cities that I could go for a UOA ? Thanks! --

Honestly, I don't think you're going to find a local lab for oil analysis (but heck, I could be wrong). Why not use Butler Labs or Blackstone Labs? I'm very pleased with the service from Blackstone.

AccordMDX

Ok. Thanks for your responses. I guess I will stick to the tried and tested ones that everyone is using since I am quite new to this area. What is the difference between the $20 Blackstone analysis and the $25 Amsoil analysis - other than the TBN ? Thanks! --

For $20 you can't expect super precision but both labs are OK for talking to you most about the state of your engine and secondarily the state of the oil - if you are willing to study trends and compare similar engines in similar conditions.

I think our company mechanics get the UOA's for our heavy equipment done at Ziegler Incorporated off of 94th and I35W in Bloomington (I may be wrong). I'll ask when I see the boys again. I just send mine to Blackstone.