Phosphorous-1083
Zinc-1277

Fuel- Soot-0.8%
Water-.1%
Vis 100 CS 13.7
TBN 10.80
Oxidation-11
Nitration-11

We were using Mobil Delvac Super 1300 MX which is a CIplus rated oil. This engine and egr setup would shear that oil badly. Max drains were about 300 hours. I will post a UOA on this oil soon to compare and contrast. I am very happy with the Amsoil PCO in this log loader. I will run at least to 400 hours and possibly more. This lift is run very hard for 10 hours a day unloading log trucks and sorting logs to be sawed. My goal was to find a longer drain oil that would hold up to the higher temperatures that this engine produces. I think mission accomplished. My operations manager wants to stick to a 250 hour OCI. He will probably not like me to extend these intervals, but it sure will free the maintenance crew up to do other projects other than oil changes.

I have another round of PCO to go in this loader and then have a round of AME to work with. This machine has about 13,500 total hours on it with around 6,000 on the second motor. The first engine had a issue with fuel dilution that the previous mill manager did not track with UOA's. The blow by issue was evident but they did nothing to fix the issue and the net result was washed down cyliner walls and Cat refusing to honor the warranty. It was a costly mistake, this motor was very expensive to replace becuase Cat considered it to be a throw away engine at the time.

Cat is always good at ducking out. The actually found ways to explain broken head bolts and leaking cylinder liners on some of their C12 & C15 rigs that defied science. Hopefully your boss learned how to comply with cat religion now and he's collecting data and running approved/spec meeting coolants and lubes. Sounds like he should be thankful to have you there!!

Overall, very impressire.

I'd keep an eye on the soot. But at this point, it does not seem to be affecting the wear metals.

Continue the use of this load of oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back