UOA 2020 Nissan Armada, factory fill 0W-20

Holy molybdenum, Batman!

That's either Japanese market Idemitsu 0W-20 or there's some moly assembly paste from the factory.

The MIJ Nissan filter did its thing.

Screenshot_20200716-222056_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, Japanese oils contain lots of moly. You can even get the Japanese brand Idemitsu, albeit produced in the US, 0W-20 with boosted moly in the 600 range.

Could have been filled in Japan as they're assembled there. It had a Japanese-made Nissan oil filter, too, which you can't buy in the US anymore, not for a couple years.

Regardless, I agree, way higher than I'm used to seeing!

The Mazda moly oil is in the 800ppm range too. Idemitsu makes that.
Is the Armada a Japan assembled vehicle ?

The Mazda moly oil is in the 800ppm range too. Idemitsu makes that.
Is the Armada a Japan assembled vehicle ?

Yep! Sure is. J vin and all.

I believe the only thing that is added/modified on US soil is something in the ECM.

The diffs/lockers are slightly different for USDM, too.

I would guess that moly paste is the answer. I've never seen moly ratings in any oil here about 200
You want moly? Toy oil has it !

gotta use something to HELP watery oils from excessive engine wear + look at the POOR volatility - burn off

gotta use something to HELP watery oils from excessive engine wear + look at the POOR volatility - burn off

One only has to visit the junkyards to see the millions of engines that were ruined by running that watery oil, right? 🙄

****. I've been proven wrong. I've been spending too much time in the Euro oils section haha

Oh my my my!

Back