UOA 2019 Forte Nu RGT 5w20

I've been using Rotella Gas Truck 5w20 and the OEM KIA filters on this for the last few years. Doing 6 month intervals, I don't drive more than 6,000 miles in 6 months. I have plenty of RGT in the stash and intend to keep doing what I'm doing. I bought this car new, and really enjoy it.

I decided to do a UOA when I read about the recent-ish Hyundai recall on similar year models with the Nu engine made in Korea. The Forte engines are made in Mexico, so hopefully my oil rings are properly heat treated.

Attachments

• 2019ForteApril20221024_1.jpg
    2019ForteApril20221024_1.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 84
The UOA looks great. Tell us about the .5qt you added. Did it drop from the high mark to the low mark in less than 4300 miles? Did you add it earlier in the oil change interval? Do you have a guess at about how much oil was consumed per 1000 miles?

The UOA looks great. Tell us about the .5qt you added. Did it drop from the high mark to the low mark in less than 4300 miles? Did you add it earlier in the oil change interval? Do you have a guess at about how much oil was consumed per 1000 miles?
I added it about 3,000 miles into it. I didn't think it was worrying, as many other new car owners report much greater consumption.

I've been using Rotella Gas Truck 5w20 and the OEM KIA filters on this for the last few years. Doing 6 month intervals, I don't drive more than 6,000 miles in 6 months. I have plenty of RGT in the stash and intend to keep doing what I'm doing. I bought this car new, and really enjoy it.

I decided to do a UOA when I read about the recent-ish Hyundai recall on similar year models with the Nu engine made in Korea. The Forte engines are made in Mexico, so hopefully my oil rings are properly heat treated.
Since I cannot edit my post, and didn't adequately proofread: "oil rings" should read "oil control rings." The recall relates to improper heat treatment of the oil control rings.

Back