UOA 2000 Volvo V70, Valvoline Maxlife 5w30, 5937mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

analysis.jpg

So here's the first UOA I've ever done. The make-up oil is from a defective drain bolt crush washer, not from oil burning. I know this because I discovered the leak one day in the driveway after the car sat for about a week, and it amounted to about this much. The iron levels might be related to me driving hard sometimes and also doing some towing twice during this OCI, but I really don't know for sure, maybe someone else does? Also this is with a K&N air filter (with good silicon levels!) and a WIX oil filter. Any thoughts on this analysis would be much appreciated.

Also to add: part of this OCI I had a bad thermostat

I really don't know if these numbers are good, bad, average, or what for this oil and engine. Maybe ~6000mi is too long for MaxLife?

I would do the same mileage on the same oil and see what comes back next time. TBN would help you see how much farther you really could go.

It looks like a good OCI, but if you really wanted to streach it you will need that TBN #.

I have used Maxlife before and wasnt dissappointed.
grin2.gif

hehe

i guess i'm being a little paranoid. and yeah i probably shoulda gotten a TBN. but it does seem a little inconclusive to me and i hate that. oh well. I wasn't really considering a TBN because i figured ~6,000mi was enough.

The oil in it now is QS Torquepower synth 10w30 (WM special), gonna run it approx the same interval and likely get a TBN next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back