Unwanted invites on pull down tablet menu

I use a tablet for internet browsing. It has a pull down menu. I'm getting unwanted invitations in the pull down. I ran malwarebytes and it found nothing. I slide these things off with my finger and they come back. What do I do? When you answer do not post any inappropriate words or anything referencing what I'm talking about as they get in to the search engines and my asking for help will be deleted I'm sure.

When you answer do not post any inappropriate words or anything referencing what I'm talking about as they get in to the search engines and my asking for help will be deleted I'm sure.
Wait, what? I am really unsure what you're talking about. Can you post a screenshot of the notifications that are popping up on your tablet?

What kind of a tablet is this? And what kind of “invites” are you talking about? What are they inviting you to do?
The kind of invites where if you mention what they are the thread gets closed.

I have a Samsung tablet.

It does not matter what, they are not appearing in my emails, only in the pull down, let's say they are asking me to go out with them. And they post a website which some over the age of 18 are allowed to view. Please, I want to keep this thread clean. My earlier post was deleted and rightfully when it was explained to me in a private email.

I want to get rid of these invites.

What app is the notification coming from? Is it a web browser? It will say when you expand the notification panel.

OK, I see. I would guess a malicious app. If you want, you can DM me the pic, and I can help you further.

sounds like you got a bad app or signed up to let a website sent you notifications.

on your tablet,
open chrome or your web browser,
go to settings,
then notifications,
make sure no websites are authorized to send you notifications.

if you want send me a sample screenshot in a PM otherwise hard to tell just from your description.

Last edited:
sounds like you got a bad app or signed up to let a website sent you notifications.

on your tablet,
open chrome or your web browser,
go to settings,
then notifications,
make sure no websites are authorized to send you notifications.

if you want send me a sample screenshot in a PM otherwise hard to tell just from your description.
Chrome, Settings, Notifications I FOUND IT! I turned it off. I also turned off 2 others, go.harborfreight.com

Thanks.

I turned off my tablet last night, this morning turning it on, checking the notifications, the culprit I turned off yesterday has now disappeared.

Learning notifications exists, I turned off a few others, Weather for example.

I always thought that in order to get these sorts of invites one had to invite them to invite you.

You do, something like this.

raoica0e7r161.jpg

Back