Uniroyal Tiger Paw Ice and Snow 3 - Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my quest to get out of the awful Hankook iPikes, I ran across these. I'm really striking out in either size I want to run and I'm almost tempted to shell out the extra money and buy a set of 17'' wheels so I can run OE size in the winter. There's much more options in that size.

I'm finding these available studded in 225/65-16. I'd like a set of Nokians, but I have been spending way too much money on house projects and other vehicle projects. I just don't want to drop $800 on a set of tires this year.

Has anyone used these? Are they any good? I'm not finding too many reviews since they seem to be quite new to the market. I would get them studded from tire rack and do the typical mount myself and bring somewhere for a balance.

If it comes down to it and I don't find anything, I will just run the factory all seasons this winter. The Hankooks are that terrible.

I have two sets of I-pikes on my cars in the winter. I purchased a set about five years ago for my Kia Optima and have nothing but positive things to say about them. Because of this experience I purchased a second set for my Civic last fall. They are the worst winter tire I have ever experienced. I think racing slicks would be better. These are both the same model of tire but a different size and different year. My daughter has tiger paws on her Mazda 3 and likes them. I have driven it and the tires are close but not quite as good as the ones on my Optima.

That's interesting that you have both a good and bad experience with them. They are pretty well regarded here too. I know a few people who have run them without issues. And mine were manufactured mid 2017, so they aren't old.

They are so bad I was, literally, out accelerated leaving a stoplight in the snow by a Nissan Versa with all seasons. I was in my Subaru with these tires. If I'm trying to drive on the highway and it's snowy with them I have to put on the 4 ways and run at 20mph. The slush throws them awful.

Cant speak to the winter tires but I have ran a few sets of Tiger Paws in my day. They are a fine tire in my opinion. The latest set the Tiger Paw GTZs on my Subie.

I bought and ran them Ice and Snow 3 on Sportage last season and am satisfied with their snow and ice performance, they are on steel rims so change over is easy.

Originally Posted by Miller88
That's interesting that you have both a good and bad experience with them. They are pretty well regarded here too. I know a few people who have run them without issues. And mine were manufactured mid 2017, so they aren't old.

They are so bad I was, literally, out accelerated leaving a stoplight in the snow by a Nissan Versa with all seasons. I was in my Subaru with these tires. If I'm trying to drive on the highway and it's snowy with them I have to put on the 4 ways and run at 20mph. The slush throws them awful.

I couldn't believe the difference and my Civic has always handled snow well.

Originally Posted by cb450sc
Originally Posted by Miller88

I couldn't believe the difference and my Civic has always handled snow well.

How wide are your tires? Wide snow tires are like skiing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back