Unifi 6-lite AP speed issue fixed from recent updates. - PSA :)

In case anyone else is using these. I was running 2 with a UDM PRO.
Couldnt get over 240 in same room with 1 device on the AP.
so I bought a 6-LR AP more processor and 4x4 worked great.
Left one of the lite's in the garage.

Fast forward 6-12 months.

Was waiting on tire to deflate yesterday so I could plug it and Speed tested the garage 6-Lite AP..
one of the recent updates has fixed the speed issue.. get full line speed now. 400/25
image_2022-06-07_094140769.png

Bonus pic of tire with nail in perfect place to repair.. it was also driver side front tire.. which is uncommon.
(usually rear tire is more common here esp. passenger rear.)

no its not going out with the trash can 😉
I did break my tire reamer handle. Cheap cast metal
Bought from amazon wondering if it is not genuine Safety seal and got a knockoff imitation
(box is blowmolded with safety seal.. etc etc.)

image_2022-06-07_094741844.png

Last edited:
We use Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PROs at work and while I love their software and web browser portal, their firmware was always hit/miss. For a couple years after purchasing them, everything was limited to 1Mbps until a routine firmware update fixed itself.

Thanks for the reminder to update the firmware on them today actually.

They have been relatively flawless except one time when I updated the AP before the UDM PRO.
The update then made the AP's all show as unadopted even for 15-30min after I updated the UDM PRO.

while I was googling the exact recommended procedure to reset and readopt
and see if anyone else had issues with the new firmware.

It fixed itself 15-30min after I updated the UDM PRO the issue went away.

For anyone else who doesnt know the firmware usually doesnt matter as it covers a range.
and if you have anything remotely recent on the UDM it works fine with New AP firmware as they arent released on any sort of schedule.

ie you can use 6month old UDM(router) firmware with new AP firmware.. this particular time not the case.

Back