Unheard of oil brand

This oil seems interesting and it’s only $5/quart.

Factory Racing Parts that’s the name.

There’s no detailed specs on it this is all I found off of the manufacturer website:

• SPECIFICATONS: Full synthetic SAE 0W-20, API SP Resource Conserving, ILSAC GF-6A certified, produced in an ISO9001-2015 quality certified facility.
Thinking for the price I’ll scoop some up maybe run a virgin sample then post the results. Couldn’t find anyone on here trying this oil.

Attachments

• B6681433-E0F1-4BF6-920B-0D8953A4F175.jpeg
    B6681433-E0F1-4BF6-920B-0D8953A4F175.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 144
Factory racing oil? Gumball racing factory? bobby pin racing factory? What racing factory is this oil from?

Looks to be made by Lubrication Technologies out of Minnesota:

API Is only showing SN+ for them though. Not sure what's up with that.

For $30 I'd just buy a Havoline Box, doubt there's anything special about the 'Factory Racing' stuff.

It appears to be branded/sold by Hoerr Racing Products.
Bottling provided by Lubrication Technologies. If you go to their website, they list XOM as a “strategic partner”.
Based on price point, I am guessing it is an “end run” private label product. May contain excess flush stock and weak additive concentrations.

It appears to be branded/sold by Hoerr Racing Products.
Bottling provided by Lubrication Technologies. If you go to their website, they list XOM as a “strategic partner”.
Based on price point, I am guessing it is an “end run” private label product.
May contain excess flush stock and weak additive concentrations.
Quite possible ...

This oil seems interesting and it’s only $5/quart.

Factory Racing Parts that’s the name.

There’s no detailed specs on it this is all I found off of the manufacturer website:

• SPECIFICATONS: Full synthetic SAE 0W-20, API SP Resource Conserving, ILSAC GF-6A certified, produced in an ISO9001-2015 quality certified facility.
Thinking for the price I’ll scoop some up maybe run a virgin sample then post the results. Couldn’t find anyone on here trying this oil.

Not a lot of technical info on their web site, but I did find the MSDS which had this page:

Picture1.jpg

I would call your attention to the Kinematic Viscosity @40 DegC which is shown as 28.4.

For reference, the same Kinematic Viscosity @40 DegC for Mobil 1 0W-20 EP is 55!

So... they are either very sloppy with their documentation, or this is an extremely thin 0W-20. Either way, I'd give this stuff a hard pass.

Here's a link to the MSDS: Factory Racind Safety Data Sheet for 0W-20 oil

HTH

Back