Unexplained happenings around my place......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Hahahaha, I love that guy. ANCIENT Aliens
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: Gabe
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Yep, we used to have kids at our school who would tip cows that were over in the pasture next to school....

Finally they caught the kids doing it and they were severely punished. They explained that tipping cows can result in the death of the animal.

Isn't cow tipping a myth....

I'm assuming that the "cow tipping" post was an attempt at humor. Horses sleep standing up. Cows sleep lying on their sides. (While I'm no expert, I was raised on a dairy farm) Besides, the simply physics of it dictate that a 1,000 lb. cow just couldn't be tipped over by a single person, even if the cow would just stand there and take it. (They won't)
My daughter is going to college for an engineering and physics degree and you can't imagine all of her classmates who are dumbfounded when she tells them that there is no such thing as cow tipping. It's like somebody just told a 20 year old for the first time that Santa and the Easter bunny don't exist.

The next thing you'll tell us is there are no such things as snipes.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
Yep, we used to have kids at our school who would tip cows that were over in the pasture next to school....

Finally they caught the kids doing it and they were severely punished. They explained that tipping cows can result in the death of the animal.

Isn't cow tipping a myth....

Yes. Cows do not sleep standing up. Just don't try telling this to "true believers" in cow tipping (mainly urbanites). They defend the reality of cow tipping with unbelievable fervor.

Originally Posted By: Doog

I'm going with the "cow tipper" theory....
13.gif
any new families from Kansas move in recently?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_tipping

Cow tipping has its own Wiki, and a funded study was done on it? LOL
lol.gif

That's because most people have never interacted with a cow. My dad grew up on a dairy farm. I have to admit, I might propagate the cow tipping stories. When I am feeling truly bold I talk about bull tipping.

ref

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
That's a cool pic. I find the southwest interesting and kind of mystical.

Those of us that live here just find it hot and dusty.
lol.gif

OP, nice setup. Looks a lot like some of the equipment at the local heritage museum.

Are the tracks sliding apart at all?

Originally Posted By: Rand
ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

+1

roflmao I love that meme.

I have a solution: Buy an IP night vision camera, and hook it up to your computer and have it record. Next time it's off the rails, you can play back the recording to see who or what did it.

Originally Posted By: refaller
That's because most people have never interacted with a cow. My dad grew up on a dairy farm. I have to admit, I might propagate the cow tipping stories. When I am feeling truly bold I talk about bull tipping.

ref

Trust me: this site has plenty of BULL being tipped already!
cool.gif
cool.gif

Since you ruled out wind the next logical guess would be gravity or earthquakes/tremors.
A list of recent, documented earthquakes in your area: CLICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back