under warranty told no,then recall notice-Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
The Ford Fusions have an issue with the automatic console shifters interlock, many people on the forums have issues and the interlock replaced, some still under warranty, probably one of the reasons the last Gen went to a rotary knob on the console. A few weeks ago I took the Fusion in for a warranty issue before the 3/36 ran out. I mentioned we were having problems with the interlock and they said they would take a look. I did this in hopes of having it replaced instead of having problems on my dime. When I got the car back they said they took it apart and it seemed to be in working order, no repair needed. The advisor even mentioned they never have problems and it must have been the wheels were turned sharp or something because he has never hear of such an issue with the interlock. Before I dropped it off I put a mark on the seam on the console and I know the console was not touched. Yesterday I received in the mail a recall notice about the interlock and I would be notified when a fix to the issue is available.
I suppose I cant be too upset because Im not actually having problems with the interlock. My issue is they know its a safety issue and dident even look at it, lied to me and sent me on my way. Then a couple weeks later a recall notice comes in the mail (06/04/2019) for the exact issue. Kinda reminds me when I brought the Cobalt in for the ignition key issue, they said "oh thats odd, probably from all those keys hanging from your key ring, never seen that before", meanwhile lawyers are drooling for a class action.

I can only imagine the smile on your face when you take it in and tell them you want the recall done. And the look on the face of the advisor when you add, "And make sure your guy actually takes off the console this time, because last time he didn't."

Probably just ask to have the recall done for the issue he has "never heard of before". Remember Travis, the problem with my wife that must have left the wheel locked to one side or left it in D before trying to remove the keys. Yeah, that recall with symptoms you have never ever heard of.

Originally Posted by tenderloin
So your lie is less then the techs lie? Oh OK.......

Not really, I think we lie equally.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino

Known problem, easy to replace, its already in the bay, easy ten minute job to add on to replacing lug nuts and fuel door hinge under warranty. So yes, simple easy additional flat rate time for a tech. No big deal, just another trip back that could be avoided. Again, its not actually broken so I cant be too upset at this point.

At the time it was in the bay, was the vehicle under recall for the interlock? I realize it is now, but was it back when all this took place?

If it was not under recall back then, they followed protocol by not replacing the mechanism. They should have been straight with you and not told you they took it apart to check, but the end result would still be the same - no recall, no part replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back