Under Valve Cover gm 5.7 201k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the valve covers on my truck yesterday, was nice and clean under the covers. No build up. I've owned it since 123k and always done 3k intervals at my local garage up until about 2 years ago, then went PYB and now 4k runs of maxlife 10w-30. It no longer sees winter
laugh.gif

Bkb8Zvnl.jpg

qOt1RE8l.jpg

7XKK2Qml.jpg

Bonus truck pic with the atv :p
qd7NSPrl.jpg

Wish mine looked that good. My 78 5.7 has black crust under the covers. ewww

Last edited:
Looks like an L05.

My erstwhile '92 5.7 TBI was going strong w/ 240,000+ when I sold it to another tradesman.
Still see it around town on occasion!

Nice truck.

I'm looking for another older Chevy truck as I type this. Something from the late 70's up until '87 (pre-TBI).

Originally Posted By: splinter
Looks like an L05.

My erstwhile '92 5.7 TBI was going strong w/ 240,000+ when I sold it to another tradesman.
Still see it around town on occasion!

Makes me feel good, itll take me years to reach that lol. Only thing that worries me is the transmission.I have the fluid exchanged every 30k. My dad has a 92 same color and everything as mine. He had his motor replaced few years ago and now his trans lost O/D and reverse so im guessing sunshell failure @ 180k, but boy did he tow the [censored] out of that truck

It looks fantastic, thanks for posting. Nice to see more evidence of what some regular owner maintenance can do. Be proud!

Originally Posted By: joegreen
Wish mine looked that good. My 78 5.7 has black crust under the covers. ewww
1978 b!ack crust is acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back