Under The Window Package Terminal Hotel Air Conditioner/ Friedrich/Amana

Does anyone know of a honest reliable company that installs these units in South Florida. In the Fort Lauderdale area.

This is for my condo. The rules of the condo commandos is the a/c cannot stick out more then a inch. The Hotel Package units only stick out about a inch or so. I have central air but the unit is 20 years old and is constantly on so I am looking to take the load off of that one. The back of the condo [where the bedrooms are] stays on warmer side then the rest of the condo. I am not crazy about central air. Looking to put the Package Terminal a/c unit in the back near the bedrooms.

Thank you in advance!

Most people keep with there bedroom door closed. How many bedrooms do u have? If only two they make a duct package to put air into the adjoining room. Has the existing central air ever cooled correctly? Call your utility company see if they offer a energy audit and rebates on equipment. Your system probably a builder grade with a seer of 10.

Last edited:
I replaced three PTAC's in my condo about three years back. l went with LG and have been satisfied with their reliability, quietness, and power consumption.

l installed them myself. It took about three hours for two people to remove the old units and install the new units. They were easy to install and we found YouTube videos helpful.

Total cost was $2100 including shipping and tax. My neighbor paid $3600 for three units that were installed by a HVAC company.

A few of the places l contacted would not sell directly to the public. l found an authorized LG dealer that was willing to sell directly to a consumer. They were drop shipped directly from an LG warehouse.

My building maintenance man offered to help install them if needed, but we were able to put them in without any drama.

Sorry that l do not know any installers in Florida, but thought l would share my PTAC experience.

l went with LG because they manufacture most of the primary components including the compressor themselves and dont source the main components from the lowest bidder.

Edit: Do you already have the opening in the wall and sleeve installed or will you need to get that done? Things will be a bit more complex if you dont already have the opening.

Last edited:
I got ours online. Went with one that was energy star rated and was a heatpump set up since we use it for heat as well. The unit cost $750 delivered and it took me about ten minutes total to install. I just pulled the old one out and put the new one in the same sleave.

Most people keep with there bedroom door closed. How many bedrooms do u have? If only two they make a duct package to put air into the adjoining room. Has the existing central air ever cooled correctly? Call your utility company see if they offer a energy audit and rebates on equipment. Your system probably a builder grade with a seer of 10.
Two bedrooms. Still stays to warm with the doors closed. They should have put larger vents in the wall in the bedrooms when they built the place. Yes it is a seer of 10.
If you already have central ac I would be more inclined to figure out why its not conditioning that end of the house.
Had the a/c checked recently. They said everything is working perfectly. He said it is a common complaint in my large complex that the central air does down not cool the bedrooms as much as it cools the front rooms room.
LG...not Freidrich.

The reason I said Freidrich is because had them in hotels I was in and they worked perfectly and were super quiet. I am sure LG is just as good.
Go to a seedy hotel that uses such units and ask who they use.

Tried that. All the hotels say they just call the main office of the hotel chain when one breaks down and they send out a refurbished one and take the broken one away and refurbish that one. They do not call any a/c company.
l installed them myself. It took about three hours for two people to remove the old units and install the new units. They were easy to install and we found YouTube videos helpful.

Total cost was $2100 including shipping and tax. My neighbor paid $3600 for three units that were installed by a HVAC company.

A few of the places l contacted would not sell directly to the public. l found an authorized LG dealer that was willing to sell directly to a consumer. They were drop shipped directly from an LG warehouse.

My building maintenance man offered to help install them if needed, but we were able to put them in without any drama.

Sorry that l do not know any installers in Florida, but thought l would share my PTAC experience.

l went with LG because they manufacture most of the primary components including the compressor themselves and dont source the main components from the lowest bidder.

Edit: Do you already have the opening in the wall and sleeve installed or will you need to get that done? Things will be a bit more complex if you dont already have the opening.
Thanks for the info. Have opening in the wall but they have to make it bigger to accommodate the other unit..There is a 22 year old a/c in there now which broke down 5 years ago. Can not get parts for it anymore.

Back