'Uncertainty ahead for base stocks' GTL and PAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
http://www.infineuminsight.com/insight/sep-2014/uncertainty-ahead-for-base-stocks

'...Although Shell’s GTL base stocks will form the core of its own future Group III slate it is unclear how much product Shell intends to release to the wider market. This means there is still some uncertainty about the level of impact GTL from Shell will have on the wider base stock market

In addition we have seen some disruption to some of the previously announced GTL projects. Shell has decided not to move forward with its proposed GTL project in Louisiana, citing the likely development cost of such a project, uncertainties on long-term oil and gas prices, and its strict capital discipline as the key reasons behind this decision. '

This is old news and there is ALWAYS uncertainty in base stock supplies. Whoopie.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Shell has decided not to move forward with its proposed GTL project in Louisiana, citing the likely development cost of such a project, uncertainties on long-term oil and gas prices

Translation: Arabs are winning this oil price war.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
The Saudis are (currently) winning, primarily because they want to hurt Iran (and Russia).

They're hurting the USA too. Lets not forget the hurt on shale players, oil fracking, and deep sea drilling.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Shell has decided not to move forward with its proposed GTL project in Louisiana, citing the likely development cost of such a project, uncertainties on long-term oil and gas prices

Actually I think the consumer is winning considering 3 months ago I was paying 1.26 a litre for fuel and yesterday I paid 1.00 a litre.
So whatever is going on I say keep it up. If it means my personal costs keep dropping I'm all for it.

The Saudis are (currently) winning, primarily because they want to hurt Iran (and Russia).
I'm sure privately we've encouraged them. Our domestic producers can handle additional price reductions.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

They're hurting the USA too. Lets not forget the hurt on shale players, oil fracking, and deep sea drilling.

It is helping me! $2.49 at the pump is a welcome.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Yup! If the consumer is winning, something must be wrong.

Actually I think the consumer is winning considering 3 months ago I was paying 1.26 a litre for fuel and yesterday I paid 1.00 a litre.
So whatever is going on I say keep it up. If it means my personal costs keep dropping I'm all for it.

Yup! If consumer is winning, something must be amiss.

$2.49 a gallon is far from the $7 a gallon it is "supposed" to be at, whatever genuises can't see what that would do to the working man, as well as cost of everything, doom the torpedoes. Oh, that's right: Take the electric train..

I would submit that based on what we've seen so far in GTL, it is never profitable. Even in Dubai with waste feedstock Shell is reporting difficulty in making a profit.

Source on this? I find it hard to believe that Shell would spend billions on the pearl GTL plant without doing the finances first.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
I would submit that based on what we've seen so far in GTL, it is never profitable. Even in Dubai with waste feedstock Shell is reporting difficulty in making a profit.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Source on this? I find it hard to believe that Shell would spend billions on the pearl GTL plant without doing the finances first.

Link is in original post.

Does anyone know if PP oils or Quaker State Syns has or "are" GTL oils. Pardon me if this has been discussed..I'm new here. Hope I'n mot...
18.gif

PP and PUP are GTL.

As for QS, SOPUS initially said they were not going to convert QS oils to GTL, but that may have changed...

Al, you have missed a lot of the SOPUS/GTL drama while you were away.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
PP and PUP are GTL.
As for QS, SOPUS initially said they were not going to convert QS oils to GTL, but that may have changed...
Al, you have missed a lot of the SOPUS/GTL drama while you were away.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info. The GTL looks pretty good!! Yea I have a lot of catching up. I'm currently lookinf at 32 Pages of love/hate MMO lol.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Well, yes, if you have price wars, customers benefit, at least short term, and lose later when there is less competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back