Unboxing Fram Ultra XGA6900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the actual product not look like the box on the cover? I thought maybe I got a knockoff on eBay....

IMG_20190807_080001.jpg

IMG_20190807_080010.jpg

IMG_20190807_080024.jpg

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Thanks for sharing. The media seems very similar to the Tough Guard air filter. I assume it's lightly oiled?

I haven't taken it out of the plastic yet. I'll look deeper at it after work. I'm hoping I got an actual Fram Ultra product. Returning is just a hassle.

Does the part # on the filter match the part # on the box to the letter?
I'm sure the box is just the artwork and is just used for reference. Unless each box has the exact filter pictured for each application. Keep in mind that filter materials, construction and where they're made are subject to change as long as the filter is what it says it is.

Last edited:
I'm sure the box picture is generic representation. The only difference is the metal screen, correct? Does the OE filter have a metal screen?

Since the part number printed on the filter is correct, I would not worry.

Walmart is the only retail store to carry these air filters, so I would think counterfeit and fraud would be quite limited.

Originally Posted by drtyler
I'm sure the box picture is generic representation. The only difference is the metal screen, correct? Does the OE filter have a metal screen?

Since the part number printed on the filter is correct, I would not worry.

Walmart is the only retail store to carry these air filters, so I would think counterfeit and fraud would be quite limited.

If there is one good thing about Walmart, its they are so big they are buying direct and no middleman to slip in some counterfeit ones. The bigger concern would be someone switching boxes at the store. Which a quick look at the item should make it obvious.

The picture on the box is representative.
So many different configuration requirements lead to some manufacturing and/or product design variabilities.

The filter says xg on it, can just make it out, no problems here. Ebay and WM are only related in that people steal from WM to sell on ebay. In my WM they had to lock up the door locks the pilfering for parts was so bad.

They are a huge company and they source filters from all over the globe. One filter might be made in China, one in south Korea, one in Mexico, etc. So the filters are NOT all going to look alike, or even like pictured on the box. As they are made in different factories, all over the world. Thats just the way the global economy works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back