Umm.. HOLE? Price to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me everything I need to know about BONDO HAIR and BONDO MESH and other fillers, and technique thank you
smile.gif

EDIT: And now the $500 Subaru MIGHT still be offered me for sale. The 97 Legacy Outback. Im telling you, im gonna have two cars.. $900.. In Massachusetts..
smirk.gif
... Flipability of this? Purchase price is $400.... These [censored] college kids, I tell ya. I feel old.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Get yourself an old teddy bear and jam it in the hole and drive around like that.....

LMAO.

It's a 95 Taurus, trust me these car's ain't gonna be in the Barret Jackson Auction anytime soon.

Regards, JC.

Halloween is coming up, you could get a fake arm with shirt sleeve or leg with trousers sock and shoe and hang that from that hole. Many people could use a good chuckle now days, and the driver behind you will be in a better mood.

Originally Posted By: BerryBlue
That car looks in pretty good shape for a 95. I'm not seeing any rust in those pics so that's a big plus.

I do agree. Do you think getting it to pass a State of Massachusetts inspection is an issue? I can still purchase this car Thursday if I choose to do so.

Also, correct: 1995 was the last year of this style. So I need to find out why it is $400, unless it really is an unwanted car.........

I'm not sure about Massachusetts inspection since I live in PA. I'd make sure there's nothing major wrong with it mechanically if you decide to buy it. How many miles are on it? If it has very high miles that could explain the price.

As far as how that got there, I have no idea. They could have backed into something. Maybe a truck or something with a high bumper.

Originally Posted By: gary031
GearheadTool said:
Price to fix this. Thank you!
smile.gif

5Ne5Gd5Fb3E23M63Nac97e2d494476a4a1bee.jpg

That will buff right out.
whistle.gif

UPDATE: Car is still available and is either $300, $320, $340, $360, $380, or $400.
whistle.gif

Asking myself what could go wrong at Inspection time.. and if its worth it to get that, or spend a full day obtaining the white Subaru and driving it back to MA.

As to that thing/the car.. Hey. Its ugly, but I dont even know the name of what to type in on EBay to pop in a new one, since Bondo is something thats ?? for that...

Originally Posted By: eagle23
Near as I have been able to find, it's called "rear finish panel"

This one is on ebay, $30. Seller is "legalchopshop" if the link doesn't work (though it did just now).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-93-94-95-FORD...=item20c4fc7c2e

This guy is in CT. Maybe send him a picture of your old part. he may have one in his stash.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/3187093186.html

HTH

Thanks!
smile.gif

Update: WE ARE NOT BUYING THE TAURUS. WE ARE HOLDING OUT FOR THE WHITE SUBIE. We think the reason the guy is selling the car is because it is the month his inspection requires, and there is something, some way.. that is preventing it from getting a new sticker. If anyone wants that car and is in Haverhill, MA or NH (its right by the MA/NH line..) PM me, and I will offload his number.

I will not answer his call when he calls back. He said he can sell it "Thursday." PM function works, he wants $400 OBO.. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

Thanks!
smile.gif

Update: WE ARE NOT BUYING THE TAURUS. WE ARE HOLDING OUT FOR THE WHITE SUBIE. We think the reason the guy is selling the car is because it is the month his inspection requires, and there is something, some way.. that is preventing it from getting a new sticker. If anyone wants that car and is in Haverhill, MA or NH (its right by the MA/NH line..) PM me, and I will offload his number.

I will not answer his call when he calls back. He said he can sell it "Thursday." PM function works, he wants $400 OBO.. Thank you.

If you want it tell him to get it inspected and smog'd and provide you those certs. Most states allow 90 days for those to be acceptable for transferring the ownership to you.

Once you have those certs and the title you give him the $400. There is the $400 OBO...

In Mass, as stated before, you have 7-days to get it inspected/smogged once you purchase it. The existing sticker is NO GOOD to the new owner.

If the OP who wants the vehicle HAS part of the SALE having the CURRENT owner GET the vehicle inspected and smogged FOR the new owner.

If the vehicle can NOT make the inspections then NO deal.

Clear?

[/quote]

I do agree. Do you think getting it to pass a State of Massachusetts inspection is an issue? I can still purchase this car Thursday if I choose to do so.

Also, correct: 1995 was the last year of this style. So I need to find out why it is $400, unless it really is an unwanted car......... [/quote]

It is 17 years old. Most non-car people would be glad to get anything for a car that old.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
In Mass, as stated before, you have 7-days to get it inspected/smogged once you purchase it. The existing sticker is NO GOOD to the new owner.

At least you know it will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back