Ultra XG3614 2oci, ~14k mi. PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed this XG last month on a 3.4L Tacoma, run 32 months. First oci ~9300 miles with 5w30 M1EP, 22 months. Second oci ~4700 miles, running some leftover combination QSAD 5w30 and AZ Castrol closeout 5w20 GTX SynBlend. 3.4L very easy on oil, filter not in the greatest location though, so perfect for multiple ocis.

Looking at this filter quite confident I could have run it another 5-6k miles with no issues, but it had been long enough to pull. Adbv still pliable. Good ROI with this Ultra. Replaced with Napa Gold 1348 for another conventional oil change, ST5w30HM, 5-6k miles.

1e5859d3-0a49-4309-8fc6-00fe35087e27.jpg

25a014cb-38ae-400e-9a07-8d98d647e636.jpg

31dc9fc4-3a2e-49af-a66d-96c7694d618d.jpg

Another great Fram Ultra here. I agree sayjac it could have gone 20k miles too. Duckryder took one to 21k and it was in great shape.

Thanks for you work here. Always good to see you on here.

Thanks all and you're welcome. Normally I wrap the media in shop towel for while and then post but looking at it didn't see any point. Just let it drain, good look at media as is. Didn't mention initially but XG holding oil with base down draining until I used some Q Tips in inlet holes to open and drain.

So just another boring Ultra spin-on cut&post.

All synthetic filters are wire backed so will look structurally perfect even after 30k miles. The real question is whether the filter media is clogged or not, if so then it could be running in bypass mode for the last part of the OCI. Since this was run below 15K which is what fram specs for this filter, it should be fine but on a sludgy neglected engine it would probably clog up after ~3k miles.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
All synthetic filters are wire backed so will look structurally perfect even after 30k miles. The real question is whether the filter media is clogged or not, if so then it could be running in bypass mode for the last part of the OCI. Since this was run below 15K which is what fram specs for this filter, it should be fine but on a sludgy neglected engine it would probably clog up after ~3k miles.

The Purolator Boss is backed by plastic mesh
lol.gif

Quote:

Though I can't remember one taken to 30k miles posted here, at least as far as the Ultra 'spin-ons' posted seems they can look that way for quite awhile. As noted though very confident this one could have gone longer on this engine. And with a holding capacity rated to the 30 gram range, confident this engine wasn't going to approach that even in another 5-6k miles, especially so with new oil with change. But, 32 months was plenty for ROI here. Take a very sludged engine to clog an Ultra in 3k, one likely ready to grenade imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back