Ultra-thin 0W-2, 0W-5, 0W-10 oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.redlineoil.com

2WT - for drag racing and circle track qualifying where the lowest internal friction is desired.

5WT - for drag racing and circle track qualifying where the lowest internal friction is desired.

SAE 10 (0W10) - for drag racing and circle track qualifying where the lowest internal friction is desired.

SAE 20 (5W20) - for drag racing, circle track qualifying and race engines designed for low-viscosity oils. [Used in new Ford and Honda engines. -troy]

[ August 09, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: troy_heagy ]

I think it's pretty clear that you would not run these in a regular vehicle. I cringe at the thought of any of them in my car.

VaderSS,

True, not in my vehicles. For a qualifying oil (for some racing categories) you would probably want a low vis oil to avoid pumping losses or viscous friction in order to turn in low ET's.

As for my daily driver, no way, no how!
grin.gif

Basically, you would put that in a car that would make you money racing, something you were expecting to tear down pretty regularly

I think this should've been posted in the Articles forum...unless you're trying to make a point which I don't know what.

dunno.gif

Oz

Neo synthetic has a 0W5

Specifications *

4-6 Times Longer Drain Intervals
Typical Inspections
Viscosity Index 180
API Gravity @60° F 36.6
Pour Point -80°F / -62°C
Flash Point 440°F / 226°C
Autogenous Ignition Temp. 770°F / 440°C

Viscosity Increase (5 Hrs) 0%

Film Strength (Falex) 3500PSl

http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/0w5.htm

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Neo synthetic has a 0W5

That was a year ago. Any update? Anyone tried it?
Looks like an ultimate oil, pour point is -80 and it helps protect racing engines in hot weather.
Does the fact that it has SH / SJ and ILSAC GF -1 and 2 mean or infer it can be driven with no snow on the ground? I don't want to quote their site too much but they say "...under severe high and low temperatures...NEO has a greater tolerance to heat than most synthetic oils which begin to lose actual volume from exposure to heat at 115°C, or 239°F. This greater heat tolerance also translates into longer engine life...Even with extended drain intervals, NEO's High Performance Synthetic 0w-5 maintains it's viscosity to provide the ultimate in uncompromised engine protection."

Of course when they say "When you use any of NEO's motor oils you will no longer have a need for Teflon, moly's or graphite's." I don't exactly feel like buying a case.
Anyone think it would be good to try for a few months of Manitoba's dreadful winters?
(
offtopic.gif
but our forecast says it'll go up to 86 Sunday, yesterday they said a few degrees more. We are in the paradise season)
canada.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back