Ultimate Fast Finish on sale at CDN tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

Likely should post this in the rebate/deals section but I was unsure how many detailers venture there?
21.gif

CDN Tire currently has it on sale for $22.89.
11.gif

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/meguiar-s-ultimate-fast-finish-0396158p.html

You should take a look at Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer instead.

Chemical Guys V07

It does everything Fast Finish claims (and I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's products), but adds UV protection as well.
And with all that...it's also less expensive. Just used it here on 2 vehicles...amazing shine and protection.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
You should take a look at Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer instead.

Chemical Guys V07

It does everything Fast Finish claims (and I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's products), but adds UV protection as well.
And with all that...it's also less expensive. Just used it here on 2 vehicles...amazing shine and protection.

Too late. I have read great reviews on here about it and Chemical Guys products aren't as easy to find up here as MeGuiars products are.
While I was there, I also purchased this clay bar kit but was torn if I should have got this clay mitt instead?
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mother...ZID1w#store=187
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mothers-speed-clay-mitt-2-0-0396175p.html#spc

Originally Posted By: irv

Chemical Guys V07

Too late. I have read great reviews on here about it and Chemical Guys products aren't as easy to find up here as MeGuiars products are.
While I was there, I also purchased this clay bar kit but was torn if I should have got this clay mitt instead?

You're in a "no lose" situation...Fast Finish is certainly a great product as well...and the Mother's clay bar kit will also do a super job. The mitt will also work fine. Meguiar's also makes a Professional series clay bar...which works very well with quicker/safe results.

Chemical Guys V07

You're in a "no lose" situation...Fast Finish is certainly a great product as well...and the Mother's clay bar kit will also do a super job. The mitt will also work fine. Meguiar's also makes a Professional series clay bar...which works very well with quicker/safe results.

My Porter Cable DA is suppose to arrive tomorrow so now with purchasing the clay, the Meguire's Ultimate compound, Collinite 845 wax and my Ultimate fast finish, I am looking forward to tackling my wife's car and my truck.
Not sure when I'll get the time to tackle everything, but I am looking forward to seeing the results, especially on her black Impala.

My Porter Cable DA is suppose to arrive tomorrow so now with purchasing the clay, the Meguire's Ultimate compound, Collinite 845 wax and my Ultimate fast finish, I am looking forward to tackling my wife's car and my truck.
Not sure when I'll get the time to tackle everything, but I am looking forward to seeing the results, especially on her black Impala.

You'll really like the Porter Cable DA polisher...I've found it to be a great unit and super time-saver.

You'll really like the Porter Cable DA polisher...I've found it to be a great unit and super time-saver.

I'm looking forward to using it bigtime! My nephew has a fair bit of experience using one so I am going to get him to come over when I decide to get around to it. I think I'll start with my white Ram first before I tackle my wife's black Impala though?

The YouTube vids have been a great help so I am not really worried about it, but figured having someone on hand with prior experience is just a good idea.

I'm looking forward to using it bigtime! My nephew has a fair bit of experience using one so I am going to get him to come over when I decide to get around to it. I think I'll start with my white Ram first before I tackle my wife's black Impala though?

The YouTube vids have been a great help so I am not really worried about it, but figured having someone on hand with prior experience is just a good idea.

For sure. A good DA polisher pad backing plate is important (the one that comes with the polisher is only so-so). I use this one:

TORQ_R5_Dual Action Red Backing Plate

Also...make sure you get the right pads for each/any of the products used during detailing. Some are soft and non-abrasive for waxing and applying sealants, others have some minor "cutting" properties to be used with polishes for removing deeper scratches. The DA polisher works well with all of them

For sure. A good DA polisher pad backing plate is important (the one that comes with the polisher is only so-so). I use this one:

TORQ_R5_Dual Action Red Backing Plate

Also...make sure you get the right pads for each/any of the products used during detailing. Some are soft and non-abrasive for waxing and applying sealants, others have some minor "cutting" properties to be used with polishes for removing deeper scratches. The DA polisher works well with all of them

What differences could I expect to see/feel using that backing plate? Most of the vids I have watched all show the one that comes with it?

My Porter Cable kit came Tuesday after it said it would be delivered between July 13th and August something. Rain all weekend so I won't even get to try it it out.
frown.gif

https://www.amazon.ca/Chemical-Detailing...sl_1wbikhd5pp_e

Originally Posted By: Garak
Irv, eshine here in Canada is another good source for various detailing products, just so you're aware of it.

Thanks, Garak.
11.gif

I used E-Shine prior to finding out about old town auto spa. To me, it seemed a little more family oriented, which I like, plus the owner, Jeff, was a huge contributor to the Ram site I use to frequent offering up info and tips freely.
I also found out out his shipping rates were cheaper as well.

What differences could I expect to see/feel using that backing plate? Most of the vids I have watched all show the one that comes with it?

My Porter Cable kit came Tuesday after it said it would be delivered between July 13th and August something. Rain all weekend so I won't even get to try it it out.
frown.gif

The standard one that comes with the polisher is not as flexible or aerated as the Torq one. When you're doing uneven surfaces...the flexibility is helful to maintain a good consistent touch (without too much pressure), while the aerated holes on the Torq keep it a bit cooler.

It looks like you bought a kit that includes an adaquate back plate.

frown.gif

The standard one that comes with the polisher is not as flexible or aerated as the Torq one. When you're doing uneven surfaces...the flexibility is helpful to maintain a good consistent touch (without too much pressure), while the aerated holes on the Torq keep it a bit cooler.

It looks like you bought a kit that includes an adequate back plate.

I can understand the need for that but glad to hear mine might be adequate enough?

Thanks.
11.gif

I can understand the need for that but glad to hear mine might be adequate enough?

Thanks.
11.gif

Happy detailing!
smile.gif

I have used nothing but UFF on my new Corvette so far and this stuff really impresses me a lot. It's quicker to apply than a normal wax/sealant and I love the fact that it dries clear so you don't get that white chalky residue in all the crevices. It doesn't stain the trim either. I'm not sure if I believe the claim that it will protect for one full year, so that's why I reapply it on my Corvette about once a month. I figure by doing it so often I end up with maximum protection against bird bombs, that's something I get a lot of when parked in the lot of my work. With previous cars using other products like Zaino, if I got a bird bomb it would etch itself into the paint even if I wiped it off within a few hours. With UFF I haven't seen any of the bird bombs leave any mark behind once I wipe it off.

I don't drive the Corvette in the rain, but when I applied UFF to my wife's car and drove it in the rain, I found it behaves a lot like a ceramic coating and dirt won't stick to it as easily so it stays cleaner looking longer.

I grabbed a couple of extra cans of this stuff in the US when Walmart had their clearance sale, IIRC I paid $8 each. One can goes a long way too (I believe I'm up to 10 coats with the first can I bought and it's still got more left in it) I'm about to apply another coat of it to the Corvette this afternoon
smile.gif

Correction to my previous post. I just finished a coat on my Corvette and I checked my records and I've used this can to do 15 coats so far (8 on the Corvette, 2 on the Honda, 2 on the BMW and 2 on my last Corvette) I think I could even get one more coat out of this can too, and I use it pretty generously as well, I don't do thin coats. So it definitely gives you great value for the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back