Ultimate Ceramic Spray Coating Test UPDATE 11 - 20 products compared

Awesome post! My wife just bought a new Corolla Hybrid 2 weeks ago and It needs waxed.
i started using griots garage 3 in 1 ceramic and i love it after it showed to hold up better than other sio2 sprays like ice and megs. After 4 months it's still performs new. Spray waxes have the most value if you can get the right one for the right price. AutoZone and AAP have the best price for it $20 for 22oz. On amazon it's like $31 and fools keep buying it.

How would Griots garage 3 in 1 ceramic compare to Meguiar's G18309 Ultimate Fast Finish?

I’ve never used the Meguiars product so I couldn’t say for certain. There are a lot of these products from many manufacturers.

Is that product still being made? I only see their Hybrid and Quik Wax sprays.

Not only does the 3 in 1 last, it is among the easiest products to use.
I can wax my black F150 super-crew in 7 minutes with the 3 in 1 Griots wax. It's that fast, and easy! That stuff is flat out amazing, with a great gloss. Also, it holds up very well here in South Florida. I tend to use it as a quick cleaner too.

The white F150 was waxed with it 6 months ago and it still beads well.

Clearly in this guys test (update 13), Griot's is still holding up from Sep 2020 through June 2021! Not bad for a $20 bottle of ultra-fast spray wax.

Last edited:
How would Griots garage 3 in 1 ceramic compare to Meguiar's G18309 Ultimate Fast Finish?
I have both. I don't use the Meguiar's anymore. It's pretty useless, as it's just a sealant, and contains no wax fillers. In other words, on my vehicles, I can't even tell that it's been applied. Poor water beading, no improved shine.

One reviewer said that it's only for new vehicles with absolutely perfect paint. Even then, it did not display long lasting water beading.

Last edited:
I understand that these spray waxes are easier and faster, but are they as protective as say collinite?
Especially the griots? With the positive reviews I'm interested in the griots 3 n 1

I understand that these spray waxes are easier and faster, but are they as protective as say collinite?
Especially the griots? With the positive reviews I'm interested in the griots 3 n 1
I'm not sure. Under similar conditions about the same if I had to guess. It's great on plastic trim and windows too. TW SNS was also very good but a bit more tough to apply. That could have been my fault, however it's quite common to hear similar claims.

The only products that are easier to apply are the Wet Coat type products you just spray and hose off. I've thought about switching to one of those for even great time saving and you don't touch the paint at all.

The only products that are easier to apply are the Wet Coat type products you just spray and hose off. I've thought about switching to one of those for even great time saving and you don't touch the paint at all.

In my opinion they are easier but I think you lose some cost advantage with those kinds of products versus the Griots 3 in 1. Also you have to go back and dry off the vehicle to avoid water spots.

For me the Griots 3 in 1 is the easiest product out there and it is durable to boot. If you don’t overuse it then the real cost effectiveness becomes apparent.

Edit to add: Griots now has a ceramic wash and coat shampoo. That might be worth investigating for in between washes to keep up the protection.

Reason I ask , is the tree sap is so bad here. Sticks like glue. I have to use acetone to get it off.
IMG_20210612_141604288.jpg
IMG_20210612_141535170.jpg
IMG_20210612_141553514.jpg

Our Subaru is almost that bad. Neighbors pine tree and holly tree make a mess of our yard.

Our Subaru is almost that bad. Neighbors pine tree and holly tree make a mess of our yard.
I just spent an hour with acetone getting it off. Now what wax to use? I have collinite, or should i buy some griots? Which would make it easier to get the sap off?

I just spent an hour with acetone getting it off. Now what wax to use? I have collinite, or should i buy some griots? Which would make it easier to get the sap off?
It won’t make a difference.
Use the collinite you already have.

Back