UH-OH! Now Brady has GRONK in TB!

Hopefully there is a season. I made my predictions and time will tell. I'm not a Brady or NE hater. I'm a Packer fan and usually don't care unless we are playing them. Now it's Tampa Bay. I always liked Winston but those int's are a killer.

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by sloinker
I peg TB at about 6-7 wins this year. Luckily they aren't in the West or North where I would put them at 4 games won. If they were in the East they would win their division with 11-12 wins.

I agree. Those who think the Bucs will immediately be play-off contenders are delusional...

Lets see. You take a team that was almost 0.500 with QB that had record numbers of turnovers, replace that QB with the GOAT, and add a 30 year old monster TE to the mix of two Pro Bowl receivers already there...

Yeah, you right. TB ain't got a chance.
lol.gif

Brady the goat? That may be your opinion, but it's not mine. And Brady is now 43, and every bit of that age was showing last year...

with legal sports gambling we can put our money down. I'm betting the under.

All this "legal" betting will eventually cause "issues" eventually... Too much $$$$ will make it's way into making someone do something to throw a game or a score.

Which of course has already happened in the past.

All this extra money and betting will greatly encourage it to happen again on a broader scale.

Last edited:
Hopefully there is a season. ..

There's definitely going to be a season, I think the question is will it be TV only with no fans?

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I heard the haters on ESPN, saying that Gronk won't be the Gronk of a few years ago. Maybe, maybe not. I say he does not have to be the old Gronk to make a huge difference. Tampa already has a great receivers duo in Evans and Godwin. Now, you mix in the threat of Gronk. That is going to cause massive headaches for Defensive coordinators across the league. Lots of single coverage is necessitated. If Gronk is even 75-80% of his old self, TB has a legit shot at the SB.

And what people do not realize about Gronk...he's more than a great ball-catcher. He makes EVERYONE ELSE better. He is also something very few people realize: Rob Gronkowski is an excellent blocker! Some plays, he makes a big contribution...by acting as an extra guy protecting Brady, giving someone ELSE time to get open.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

And what people do not realize about Gronk...he's more than a great ball-catcher. He makes EVERYONE ELSE better. He is also something very few people realize: Rob Gronkowski is an excellent blocker! Some plays, he makes a big contribution...by acting as an extra guy protecting Brady, giving someone ELSE time to get open.

He's also good at blocking (pushing off) the secondary covering him, before catching the ball...
smile.gif

I peg TB at about 6-7 wins this year. Luckily they aren't in the West or North where I would put them at 4 games won. If they were in the East they would win their division with 11-12 wins.

I agree. Those who think the Bucs will immediately be play-off contenders are delusional...

Apparently, Brady's ex-teammate Matt Light must be delusional, too:

"I think what you're gonna see will be Tom Brady at his best," Light said. "There's a lot of doubters. There are a lot of haters. There always will be. Tom is gonna use that to come out on fire, and that's how I see it."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-teammate-matt-light-shocked-132412767.html

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
And after that first pick the Bengals release Bradys replacement. Red Rifle!

I hope and pray Andy Dalton is successful. We all know the Bengals are a screwy organization that is focused on maximizing revenue generation by fielding solidly mediocre teams...good enough to sell seats and merchandise, not good enough to cost Mike Brown too much money. As far as Brady and Gronk, it'll be fun to see how they do. My kids are all pumped because TB is the closest to our vacation home, and since we have LIMITED expectations for the Bungles, the kids have adopted TB as their "home" team. Go Bucs!!!

I didn’t watch but happy TB won.

Hopefully Brady can win 2 more and finally retire.

Last edited:
I've never been a Brady or New England fan (I do follow the Bucs as a Florida native), but I have to give Brady his due. He has proven himself as the best NFL QB ever and what he has done at age 43 is amazing. Compare what he has done late in his career with how Manning and Brees were unable to stay healthy and productive late in their careers. I'd like to know how he does it. Must be the supermodel wife!

I wish Brady would just up and retire already. I get tired of seeing him and/or whatever team he is on bulldozing every other team every year. The outcome becomes too predictable and its no fun to watch when you already know what is almost certainly going to happen. I felt the same way about Peyton Manning and was glad when he called it quits too.

I wish Brady would just up and retire already. I get tired of seeing him and/or whatever team he is on bulldozing every other team every year. The outcome becomes too predictable and its no fun to watch when you already know what is almost certainly going to happen. I felt the same way about Peyton Manning and was glad when he called it quits too.
The only people who aren't sick of him are the people who root for the teams he plays for...as long as he keeps winning, he ain't retiring...

Back